Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2018, 08:00 PM

La Femme Nikita

Have just found a old DVD I had an forgotten about of the first series.

I brought the first series after they had shown the second series on TV and because of the so called violence it was shown on ITV at 11pm at night that why I missed the first eps

So watch it again after about 10 years.

Think this was the best "violent" series ever made.

The make up of the characters is brill.

Did watch the film of original French version on which the series was based which was also mind blowing made in 1990

Peta Wilson starred in it.

PS it was shot in Canada
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 02:00 AM

Re: La Femme Nikita

You're making me feel old.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 03:26 AM

Agreed. More complex than most. Great soundtrack on top of it.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2018, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You're making me feel old.
Yes Peta Wilson is 48.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Yes Peta Wilson is 48.
Now you are making me feel very old.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 06:57 AM

I used to play online backgammon with a woman whose handle was FemmeNikita the name made her so popular with the blokes they lined up to play her...ive never seen the show but going by what you have all said I think I understand now
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 03:52 PM

The original "Nikita" film of 1990 with the beautiful and sassy Anne Parillaud was brilliant. Cool, edgy and at times, brutal. In the category of "World Films" it was in French with English subtitles. I just happened upon it one late evening when it came on TV and I was hooked after the first 20 mins.

The later remake of the film called "Assassin" with Bridget Fonda was OK but lacked the quality and gripping tension of the original film. The film ending was slightly better though.

The first Nikita series that was spawned from the films, called "La Femme Nikita" with Peta Wilson was extremely good. Characters were developed well, the various recurring "baddies" were strong and the running romance that could never be between Nikita and Michael was a constant theme through the series.

There was a later American TV series called Nikita but I couldn't get into it.

What I will say for those of you that liked the TV series "La Femme Nikita" is that you will likely enjoy the series called "Alias" with Jennifer Garner. This has very similar qualities and was very well engineered with great "baddies" and long complex running story lines. There is also a similar long running romance between Jennifer and her CIA buddy Vaughn.

The basic precept is that Bristow (Garner) is recruited from college by the CIA due to her abilities and aptitude and placed in a top secret black ops CIA section called SD-6 where she is taught self defence and espionage. What she later finds out is that SD-6 isn't CIA at all but a rogue ops organisation seeking to rule the world. When the real CIA manage to talk to her she agrees to remain in SD-6 as their spy which leads to all manner of dangerous situations.
It's a great series full of twists and turns and Nikita fans will love it imho.

Complete seasons 1- 5 are available here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alias-Seaso.../dp/B000ICL3SS
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

28-08-2018, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The original "Nikita" film of 1990 with the beautiful and sassy Anne Parillaud was brilliant. Cool, edgy and at times, brutal. In the category of "World Films" it was in French with English subtitles. I just happened upon it one late evening when it came on TV and I was hooked after the first 20 mins.

The later remake of the film called "Assassin" with Bridget Fonda was OK but lacked the quality and gripping tension of the original film. The film ending was slightly better though.

The first Nikita series that was spawned from the films, called "La Femme Nikita" with Peta Wilson was extremely good. Characters were developed well, the various recurring "baddies" were strong and the running romance that could never be between Nikita and Michael was a constant theme through the series.

There was a later American TV series called Nikita but I couldn't get into it.

What I will say for those of you that liked the TV series "La Femme Nikita" is that you will likely enjoy the series called "Alias" with Jennifer Garner. This has very similar qualities and was very well engineered with great "baddies" and long complex running story lines. There is also a similar long running romance between Jennifer and her CIA buddy Vaughn.

The basic precept is that Bristow (Garner) is recruited from college by the CIA due to her abilities and aptitude and placed in a top secret black ops CIA section called SD-6 where she is taught self defence and espionage. What she later finds out is that SD-6 isn't CIA at all but a rogue ops organisation seeking to rule the world. When the real CIA manage to talk to her she agrees to remain in SD-6 as their spy which leads to all manner of dangerous situations.
It's a great series full of twists and turns and Nikita fans will love it imho.

Complete seasons 1- 5 are available here:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alias-Seaso.../dp/B000ICL3SS
Just downloaded the French version but it has no sub titles.

So have just ordered the DVD for 2.65 pounds.

Watch the French version and how powerful was the opening.

She is sentenced to death for the murder of the policeman (She puts a gun to his throat and pull the trigger)..She awaits her fate sitting up right in a chair they come in open a case take out a syringe to give her an lethal injection..she sits there begging pleading sweat on her face they inject her and she closes her eyes...….If you want to know what happened go buy the DVD.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex

08-09-2018, 08:21 PM

Just got the DVD of the original French version of Nikita but with sub titles.

Read a write up on it and they stated "In the top ten of films of the 20th century"
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Just got the DVD of the original French version of Nikita but with sub titles.

Read a write up on it and they stated "In the top ten of films of the 20th century"
Yeah it's really good. Very edgy, keeps giving you surprises just when all seems to be going nicely for Nikita.

I didn't like the ending much though. In the remake, The Assassin with Bridget Fonda, the ending is a bit better, but the overall film has none of the class and style of the original.

Its a while since I watched the film and the DVD is sitting in my drawer so I think I'll pull it out again.

There is also a copy of LEON (also called The Professional) in there, another great film that kinda stays with you. Again by the great director Luc Besson and with Jean Reno and with Gary Oldman playing a very good part.

Unmissable really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top