Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 08:52 PM

Seeing spots!

I was very lucky in my teens I had very clear skin in comparison to my friends
Now as I age (skin less oily etc.).. you'd think I was even less likely to get spots and pimples but no..
Today I woke up with a spot bang in the middle of my chin!
How does that work?!
I deadened the glow with a deft application of foundation but I was a bit miffed!

Do you still get spots?
Is it normal!?
Or am I an anamonamanomaly?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 08:58 PM

Re: Seeing spots!

Not on my face Rhian.
I have this spot on my leg, I was bitten by mosquito five years ago, I was highly allergic, but it will not heal.
I am sure yours will heal, T.tree oil is good.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Not on my face Rhian.
I have this spot on my leg, I was bitten by mosquito five years ago, I was highly allergic, but it will not heal.
I am sure yours will heal, T.tree oil is good.
I'm sure it will thank you Sweetie x
I have tiny, little "bite" lump too ..
On the back of one knee, not noticeable ever but just seems to have never quite disappeared!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I'm sure it will thank you Sweetie x
I have tiny, little "bite" lump too ..
On the back of one knee, not noticeable ever but just seems to have never quite disappeared!
Mine does. Only small though. I guess it is scar tissue????
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 10:55 PM

When I was a kid I got these strange spots over my arms and stomach, mum took me to the doctor and he had to look it up in his medical encyclopaedia, no idea what they were but the treatment......once a week my mum took me to the hospital the nurse produced a large cocktail stick and dipped it in acid and proceeded to lance a few at a time....I’m sure you can imagine the pain...if I look very carefully, on my arm is a small round scar.. a legacy forever
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-02-2019, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
When I was a kid I got these strange spots over my arms and stomach, mum took me to the doctor and he had to look it up in his medical encyclopaedia, no idea what they were but the treatment......once a week my mum took me to the hospital the nurse produced a large cocktail stick and dipped it in acid and proceeded to lance a few at a time....I’m sure you can imagine the pain...if I look very carefully, on my arm is a small round scar.. a legacy forever
They sound like boils Primus.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

08-02-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Ouch Primus!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2019, 11:31 PM

Dad made me drink cabbage water when I was a teenager telling me I'd never have spots. I did and I never had spots throughout my life .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
They sound like boils Primus.
No, they defo were not boils, or at least not your common or garden ones, I definitely remember the doctor hadn’t a clue and had to look them up..and they were very contagious. I was off school for a couple of weeks...yay...and when I did go back ,I wasn’t allowed to do gym...double yay...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 09:03 AM

I.ve been blessed with a good, clear skin, never suffered spots thankfully. I think I take after my mum as she always had lovely skin.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top