Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 07:14 AM

Re: Would we really panic?

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
In Startrek we were the aliens always landing on other worlds. But the only one that was ever killed was , the one wearing a red jumper, who up until then, you'd never heard of. Spock and Scotty always managed to escape unharmed.

So true how many times did we turn it on at home and say straight away he's dead because he was the newbie.

Has for real aliens being amongst us I would have to argue that if they were how come we have not even invented a spacecraft that can take humans to other worlds. I reckon if we ever did come upon aliens we would be proven the backward race and they would be the masters for obvious reasons.
Oh and please don't say what about man visiting the moon all those years ago. I think we all know by now it was a hoax .Otherwise how come we still have not advanced since then with humans being put on other worlds.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Didn't HG Wells read out his war of the worlds and some people thought it was a news bulletin and panicked ?

Yes but only in America.
I am surprised they didn't all get their guns out and start shooting at low flying aircraft..
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 02:43 PM

Excellent, Rehab! Might I add the dim or nasty one who, like the fatted calf, is accidentally or intentionally knocked off, and whose death momentarily aligns both aliens and natives in relief or celebration.

Aliens among us? They can't do any worse to the planet than we have.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Excellent, Rehab! Might I add the dim or nasty one who, like the fatted calf, is accidentally or intentionally knocked off, and whose death momentarily aligns both aliens and natives in relief or celebration.

Aliens among us? They can't do any worse to the planet than we have.
Yep, added to the cast list
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2018, 03:17 PM

Hi

Nope, I would not.

I have met Diane Abbott.

If you can cope with that, Aliens are no problem.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top