Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 04:52 PM

Having to take an item back to the store

Some headphones recently developed a fault and they have a 2-year guarantee. I bought them last summer online from Argos.

I don't have a receipt, just an order number but I trust this will be enough for a replacement.

It's just the idea of going to the shop, all the hassle I could be doing without.

How do you cope with returning things; do you have any bad/good experiences?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:02 PM

Re: Having to take an item back to the store

I find Argos pretty good when returning goods. I've taken back flatpack furniture and they are quick to exchange it. But that's with a receipt.
Hopeully your order number will be sufficient Ffosse, but you may have had to fill out a guarantee when you bought it and sent it off? Good luck mate.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:06 PM

I only shop at stores with an excellent return/guarantee/exchange policy.

Some stores here can go by the SKU # to show it is their merchandise and if no receipt will exchange at the last sale price.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:14 PM

Never a problem for me Dreamy, I always argue my case.
One thing that gets my back up is - On this occasion!!!!
I always reply with, on every occasion with me!!!!

I would phone them Dreamy, see what they have to say, ask for the store manager.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:17 PM

I too have had a very positive experience in returning goods to Argos - did you pay by credit card by any chance Ffosse? If so, then you should be able to look back at your transaction history. Good luck.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:19 PM

You don’t need a receipt for faulty goods, afaik
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:20 PM

Oh, I've got a screenshot with my order number, the headphones and the last 4 digits of my debit card. I can't see any problems.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:25 PM

I had a problem with something I bought from Argos a few months ago. I insisted they came to collect it, but I did have the receipt.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2018, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Oh, I've got a screenshot with my order number, the headphones and the last 4 digits of my debit card. I can't see any problems.
That will cover it mate, tip, if you get any grief which I doubt, do some Research on your debit card chargeback.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

17-04-2018, 05:45 PM

Quite annoying, really. I put on a podcast as I was having my siesta this afternoon and found that sound was only coming from the left channel. Quite surprised, too, as I've never taken this pair outside and they were quite expensive. I only bought them in July last year.

Still, I have other headphones in the mean time although none quite as comfy, this pair are small wireless ones so perfect for bed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top