Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 07:10 PM

Re: A frightening experience!!!!!

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Wow sweets, scary time. Glad you were surrounded by people , I bet you were so upset and glad to get home! Xxx
I was upset at the time Queeny.

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
That's terrible SP, well at least I don't go abroad any more, but even so, I wouldn't like to be treated like that.
Ah, I have been sent this -https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294452-i3713-k9849961-o10-Common_Bus_Scam-Sofia_Sofia_Region.html

OMG, it is still continuing since 2016!!!!!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 07:34 PM

talking about speaking a foreign languagea little funny story if i may be permitted.

A school friend of Sues married a Welshman and decided to live in his home town in Wales.

So they go into a local shop to get their groceries and are talking in English. Apparently there were two women customers in the shop talking in Welsh and making rude comments about them.
Suddenly he turned around and gave them a right mouthful in Welsh leaving these two ladies speechless and they left the shop in a hurry.

Just goes to show you never know who is understanding you.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
talking about speaking a foreign languagea little funny story if i may be permitted.

A school friend of Sues married a Welshman and decided to live in his home town in Wales.

So they go into a local shop to get their groceries and are talking in English. Apparently there were two women customers in the shop talking in Welsh and making rude comments about them.
Suddenly he turned around and gave them a right mouthful in Welsh leaving these two ladies speechless and they left the shop in a hurry.

Just goes to show you never know who is understanding you.
Love it
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2018, 10:43 PM

When in Spain in the late 80's, four of us decided to get the local bus to another town so we made an early start and was sharing the bus with lots of Spanish cleaners, on their way to clean hotels probably. The driver realised we were English and demanded a certain amount of Pesetas for our four fares (can't remember how much) but it was obviously well over the top because the cleaning ladies heard it and went absolutely beserk at him. He had no choice in the end but charge us the correct fares.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-10-2018, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
When in Spain in the late 80's, four of us decided to get the local bus to another town so we made an early start and was sharing the bus with lots of Spanish cleaners, on their way to clean hotels probably. The driver realised we were English and demanded a certain amount of Pesetas for our four fares (can't remember how much) but it was obviously well over the top because the cleaning ladies heard it and went absolutely beserk at him. He had no choice in the end but charge us the correct fares.
Thanks for the post Longlegs.
I suppose it happens to many at times.
Trip advisor is a good place to warn others thank goodness.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top