Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:36 PM

Re: In bad taste.

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Lots of undertakers offer the option to stream the funeral over t'internet these days
You are not being serious are you?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:40 PM

Lots of undertakers offer the option to stream the funeral over t'internet these days
Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I did read something recently along those lines. You can get your own video of your loved ones funeral. It was probably in America
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I did read something recently along those lines. You can get your own video of your loved ones funeral. It was probably in America
I'm too old for all this.
Seriously Floydy it is all too much.
Call me old fashioned, I am.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 09:57 PM

It might be in bad taste to some of us but this is how it is now with social media. I think even photos and videos of a deceased person in their open coffin have been shown on social media.

Years ago, on hearing of a death, the curtains would be kept drawn for a week, the men would don black armbands.

The mourners would wear black and sing solemn hymns. These days, it’s bright colours and pop songs. Even some have the body buried in a field or their back garden.

Maybe, showing that video helped the man’s son. People are different and deal with their grief in their own way.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-10-2018, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
It might be in bad taste to some of us but this is how it is now with social media. I think even photos and videos of a deceased person in their open coffin have been shown on social media.

Years ago, on hearing of a death, the curtains would be kept drawn for a week, the men would don black armbands.

The mourners would wear black and sing solemn hymns. These days, it’s bright colours and pop songs. Even some have the body buried in a field or their back garden.

Maybe, showing that video helped the man’s son. People are different and deal with their grief in their own way.
True Art you are right.
I hope it helped him.
I will have to accept the changing world.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 10:25 PM

I'm too old for all this.
Seriously Floydy it is all too much.
Call me old fashioned, I am.
I don't agree with it at all, SP. Some things should have dignity and respect.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-10-2018, 10:32 PM

I don't agree with it at all, SP. Some things should have dignity and respect.
I am the same as you Floydy, but as Art pointed out, things are changing. I will add a footnote to my will - NO FILMING!!!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 10:47 PM

Absolutely, we were asked if we wanted it at my MIL's funeral.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 10:49 PM

No, it was in West Lothian.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 10:50 PM

Yes they do and you can order a DVD as well. It began as service for people who were unable to attend for whatever reason.

It is not something I would want.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top