Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 06:29 PM

Re: Which words or phrases do you find irritating?

Moving forward, why can’t they just say in the future, and “hi guys” usually uttered by some spotty oik in shops
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 07:01 PM

new words every week someone makes up
worst is ---------------

init
move on -
bespoke designer name !
laters
bromance...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 07:33 PM

I don’t like,
‘Bless you’. I find this so condescending.

‘Is there anything else l can help you with’. Said by workers in Call Centres.

‘Sorry about that’. Said in shops if they haven’t got the item you want. They aren’t really sorry!

‘Pick Up’. Usually said in American films when someone isn’t answering their ‘cell’ phone!

The word, ‘guys’. I couldn’t ever bring myself to utter that word!

The word, ‘addy’ for an email address.

£9.99 pronounced, noine nointy noine ‘.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 08:17 PM

I had to glance through each post to make certain, that the expression I dislike the most was not already posted here.

Happy to say it wasn't so here it is: "I'm telling it like it is." Telling it like it is, is merely voicing your own opinion, no more, no less...

I just thought of an other one...some people whom shall remain nameless (my b-I-l)...end a sentence with info in, by saying "Do you understand." I often feel like saying "No, I'm too freakin' stupid, please enlighten me."

Rant over!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 08:18 PM

Another one, when you get to the till in some stores they ask if you’ve “ found everything you were looking for “, er,, no that’s why I’m at the till paying for the stuff in my basket..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Another one, when you get to the till in some stores they ask if you’ve “ found everything you were looking for “, er,, no that’s why I’m at the till paying for the stuff in my basket..
Related to this:
"Would you like some help with your packing?"
I've only bought a newspaper.
Why don't they look? And do I look like a one-armed, dopey Neanderthal who can't open a carrier bag??!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Top of the list:
As an opener, out of the blue, "how are you today?" I hate it because it's a question and questions require answers. "Who wants to know?" is my favourite reply really throws them.
While eating my dinner/breakfast/lunch and the phone rings, I answer it and I hear "How are you today?" I can hardly contain my displeasure.....But I always do.....

When a company says "We take your complaints/safety/satisfaction very seriously" usually means they are not going to do anything about your complaint/safety/satisfaction.....

News correspondents at the scene who start their summary with "Well"...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I had not come across that word before, and had t look it up.

'At the end of the day', is an irritating phrase.
I was going to say that. I used to work with someone who used it all the time.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 08:57 PM

"See ya lay-ah" instead of "bye" or "goodbye".
That's irksome.
No, I'm not going to see you later. I'm going home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2018, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
"Ticks all the boxes" Used extensively by dumb people on house search programmes, who think they are being clever!
This, plus all the other expressions used on house programmes; 'Light and airy, Bolt hole, great space etc. All coined by the extremely annoying Kirstie Allsopp I believe.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top