Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 04:30 PM

Just over 66 days,until Christmas.

Are you looking forward to it?
Will you be glad when it's all over?
I know it can be a lonely time for many,
What are your plans,this coming Christmas?
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 04:37 PM

Re: Just over 66 days,until Christmas.

dont make plans for xmas = occasions just happen in our family - its been a tough year to say the least for us all -so maybe -we may just go out to eat' xmas day ' I love the build up to it ' shops and trees'and fairy lights '
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 04:52 PM

Don't enjoy Christmas any more, as its only us two, so will still have a Turkey and will probably go to the Indian Restaurant on Christmas Eve.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 04:53 PM

I used to let it get me worked up but I don't anymore. I've stopped having a houseful of people to mine now - you don't want it when you get older. We go out for a family meal on Christmas Eve - 16 of us will be going - might be more.

Christmas day will be with our son & daughter in law.

Boxing day, Tony & I like to go for a pub lunch and a country walk to blow the cobwebs away.

I used to agonise over what presents to buy for everybody but I've got it sussed now.

Last year I got my son & daughter in law a few days away at a country house hotel. They loved it, so they'll be having the same this year and so will my two daughters & partners. For the more adventurous of my grandchildren they will get an 'experience' day - a bungee jump or such like.
Vouchers for the rest - sorted!!
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 05:13 PM

Hi pauline...this Christmas will be my very, first ever alone. My hubby is in a LTCF now...and I have never lived by myself before, but am finally enjoying my new apartment with my pets...

I love Christmas and plan to put up a real tree around the middle of November...

Last year I spent Christmas Eve with hubby, at our son's home and stayed over night... Then had dinner on Christmas Day with my hubby, daughter and granddaughter... Hubby will come with me, wherever I go this year...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Maddy ->
dont make plans for xmas = occasions just happen in our family - its been a tough year to say the least for us all -so maybe -we may just go out to eat' xmas day ' I love the build up to it ' shops and trees'and fairy lights '

I love the build up as well,Maddy,I'm like a big kid,..I hope the year is improving for you and hubby.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Don't enjoy Christmas any more, as its only us two, so will still have a Turkey and will probably go to the Indian Restaurant on Christmas Eve.
I may go out for Christmas Eve,it's nice when a meal is cooked for us,especially Indian food,one of my favourites.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2018, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I used to let it get me worked up but I don't anymore. I've stopped having a houseful of people to mine now - you don't want it when you get older. We go out for a family meal on Christmas Eve - 16 of us will be going - might be more.

Christmas day will be with our son & daughter in law.

Boxing day, Tony & I like to go for a pub lunch and a country walk to blow the cobwebs away.

I used to agonise over what presents to buy for everybody but I've got it sussed now.

Last year I got my son & daughter in law a few days away at a
country house hotel. They loved it, so they'll be having the same this year and so will my two daughters & partners. For the more adventurous of my grandchildren they will get an 'experience' day - a bungee jump or such like.
Vouchers for the rest - sorted!!

I have to say,I now prefer a quite Chritmas,and it's definitely to do with my age,..the country house hotel,sounds lovely.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

19-10-2018, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi pauline...this Christmas will be my very, first ever alone. My hubby is in a LTCF now...and I have never lived by myself before, but am finally enjoying my new apartment with my pets...

I love Christmas and plan to put up a real tree around the middle of November...

Last year I spent Christmas Eve with hubby, at our son's home and stayed over night... Then had dinner on Christmas Day with my hubby, daughter and granddaughter... Hubby will come with me, wherever I go this year...

Hi BF,I want to put my tree and decorations up now,I'm glad you are enjoying your apartment and sharing it with your pets,..hope you and hubby enjoy your time together,on Christmas Day,where ever it may be.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2018, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi BF,I want to put my tree and decorations up now,I'm glad you are enjoying your apartment and sharing it with your pets,..hope you and hubby enjoy your time together,on Christmas Day,where ever it may be.

I think I need to get through Hallowe'en and Remembrance Day first...I get confused really easy these days.

Thank you so much pauline...for your good wishes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top