Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 04:39 PM

Re: Our childhood toys

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
My favourite was a Meccano set.
Same here: Meccano
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Lovely photo Tiffany
Yes, those prams were so nice. I don't remember having one myself, but I did have a pram (we called them carriages)
Thank you, Wild blueberry. I was about 5 then.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sshh Summer . . . I had one too, but don't tell anybody.

Bet no one had a Muffin the Mule stringed puppet - and a metal one at that. None of your plastic stuff then.
I loved him to bits.

(This isn't my one, but a picture I found of Muffin).
I did have one, but my Mother gave him to my cousins & I let her, they trashed him. Wish I hadn't, saw one at an Antique & Collectables fair & he was £45.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

20-10-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
They were great fun, eh Tiffany?
The one we had is in a box somewhere. Should find it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

20-10-2018, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
I had a wicker doll pram like that, too Tiffany...but the wheels were bigger. Mum told me that one of our bull terriers chewed up it's mattress...
I actually hated dolls, but it looks as if there is one in the pram. I expect I was forced to be using it for the photo, my uncle who took the picture was a photographic perfectionist, he developed his own photo's as well.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Scooby Doo.
Rounders.
Jacks.
Marbles.

I used to dress my Nan's Cat up in my Dolls Clothes and ride her round the garden in my Dolls Pram, the Cat loved it.
Susie my cat loved to be riding in the pram also, but she would never let me dress her........haha
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Same here: Meccano
Bloke thing.
I ended up as a professional (electrical) engineer.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I still dress up Blue, but not in Mom's stuff, it's too old fashioned.....

Seriously though; I had two armies of soldiers, the British army and the German army, together with Tanks, Armoured Cars and other assorted army vehicles. We would re enact the second world wars in Dad's garden, which was large with a rockery running all the way down one side. Perfect for an ambush!

I also had a large Meccano Set, but never really took to it though (probably I was a bit too young for it at the time, would have loved it now...) But I loved my Lego. They had just come out and didn't have all the stuff you get with them now. Just bricks and roof tiles, and a brick with holes in for the wheels to fit.....I kept my Lego until I got married and my daughter took over as chief designer.....

Cricket against the gate, or 'Tin Can Tommy' in the street. No problem from the traffic, only two people in the street had a car in those days. The district nurse and an Insurance salesman....Who also had a very kissable daughter......
Hi OG Fox........my brothers had the soldiers and tanks, etc. They would get them all set up and I would walk through them. They would be so angry with me.....Yes, yes,, I remember the meccano set....that was fun. we would play with that for hours.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Bloke thing.
I ended up as a professional (electrical) engineer.
Me too Besoeker, except a fitter and general machinist, and later employed as a toolmaker....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Me too Besoeker, except a fitter and general machinist, and later employed as a toolmaker....
Excellent skills if I may say so.
As a child,I also made Airfix models. I think my best was a Lancaster Bomber.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top