Join for free
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 09:18 PM

Got a spare £1 million?

The winery I set up for the owners of the property back in 2000-2005 is up for sale. It was built in 1917 as a hospital for soldiers returning from WW1 who had been gassed. Later it became a residential hospital for seriously injured patients who needed professional care for sometimes years. While I was there we set up vineyards, built a winery within the building, set up a restaurant and an indoor swimming pool and accommodation for up to 150 people for special events in addition to 5 separate houses. It's for sale for a bit over $NZ2million.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2umpkCfpUM
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 09:24 PM

Re: Got a spare £1 million?

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
The winery I set up for the owners of the property back in 2000-2005 is up for sale. It was built in 1917 as a hospital for soldiers returning from WW1 who had been gassed. Later it became a residential hospital for seriously injured patients who needed professional care for sometimes years. While I was there we set up vineyards, built a winery within the building, set up a restaurant and an indoor swimming pool and accommodation for up to 150 people for special events in addition to 5 separate houses. It's for sale for a bit over $NZ2million.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2umpkCfpUM
WOW!!!!!
Did the price astound you Ciderz?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 09:31 PM

Oh gosh... lets all club together and move there we could start our own commune..... well a girl can dream
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
WOW!!!!!
Did the price astound you Ciderz?
It's a damn good price for what it is! It's 86 acres with an astonishing view and separate houses as well as the accommodation. Every year the Hawkes Bay community holds an event called "The Exhibition" and people come from other provinces and there are so many things to see, eat and buy. To just sit in the restaurant looking out over the river valley is amazing.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 10:34 PM

Oh I want to move now. X
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 10:54 PM

Hmmmm it's like the Hawkes Bay wineries know something. There have been so many up for sale or sold.

Colefield at Mangatahi
Campbell Brook at Bridge Pa
Tantallon at Bridge Pa
Kinross at Crownthorpe
Marlborough
Auckland winery
Matheson Vineyard
Dartmoor Vineyard
Vidal Estate
Pasks

etc etc

What gives?

Is this "Ring Of Fire" territory and you're all expecting a tsunami?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand

20-12-2018, 11:21 PM

When I was winemaker at Te Mata Estate, in 1980's ,there were 8 wineries in Hawkes Bay. Last I heard there were 65!
I can't see Pasks or Vidals going for sale. Vidals is owned by Villa Maria in Auckland and has been since I set them up in 1977.
If a tsunami wipes out Hawkes Bay it's the end of the world anyway!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 01:38 PM

Looks real cool, CM, l have only one question?
What is the exchange rate NZ to BR £,, Will go in jiffy
if l can scratch together enough!

Best regards Donkeyman.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand

20-04-2019, 01:23 AM

It's about 50p to the NZ Dollar I think. So it's up for $2million NZ

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top