Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:49 AM

Jigsaws

Hi. Having decided to improve my perseverance skills, I have embarked on doing a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle which Mrs Dextrous bought a few months ago at a church fete. Am finding this particularly challenging as I am red/green colourblind Have any of you taken up this sport?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:54 PM

Re: Jigsaws

Ha ha yes Dex....Two years ago Mrs Fox produced a package of five jigsaws and the foldy up base to do them on for my Christmas present....I decided to come out of the closet and own up to the fact that doing jigsaws would be something I would like to do....She responded to this with my present....

Unfortunately they have laid idle in the top of my wardrobe ever since, I have threatened them on a few occasions, but the window of opportunity has not presented itself so far.
I shall make 2019 the 'Year of the Jigsaw' and we can perhaps compare notes (or pieces) Dex...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 12:59 PM

I have 5 unopened jigsaws here, I had forgotten about them. We used to do them when Mr Mags wasn't very mobile, quite enjoyed them too.

I must dig one out again, I find them more interesting than watching a lot of the rubbish on TV
Nan
County Durham, UK
Nan is female 

13-01-2019, 01:21 PM

I don't have any jigsaws in the house - but I re-found a site that I used to spend a lot of time on some years back and then forgot about lol . There are tons of jigsaws covering many subjects and you can even choose how many and the kind of pieces you want. If anyone is interested I'll post the link
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:28 PM

It's our habit to get out the jigsaws when we have a rainy day at our caravan, forget the screens they don't work there anyway and get out the puzzles. My husband mounts the nicer ones and frames them so we have covered various walls with them, beautiful scenery and landscapes our preference.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It's our habit to get out the jigsaws when we have a rainy day at our caravan, forget the screens they don't work there anyway and get out the puzzles. My husband mounts the nicer ones and frames them so we have covered various walls with them, beautiful scenery and landscapes our preference.
Thank you for your reply. Hadn't occurred to actually mount them afterwards

At present, the dining table is covered with jigsaw pieces, since not enough has been completed to use the roll up mat for storage!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-01-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have 5 unopened jigsaws here, I had forgotten about them. We used to do them when Mr Mags wasn't very mobile, quite enjoyed them too.

I must dig one out again, I find them more interesting than watching a lot of the rubbish on TV
It is interesting (never thought I'd have said that!) and challenging, but strangely rewarding when I find a piece that actually fits!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 02:13 PM

I do them often on a Winter's afternoon or a wet Summer one. I like to do a full screen size on the desk top computer as I don't want them over the dining table, I just click save and it's all ready for next time. I also like to listen to whatever audio book I'm listening to at the moment. It quickly passes the time.
I've been using Bigjig for almost 12 years now. Best tenner I've spent in a long time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 02:41 PM

I used to love Jigsaws and still have a cupboard full of difficult ones waiting for my grandchildren to take on.

The hardest is a double sided rubrics cube puzzle so similar picture on both sides.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Thank you for your reply. Hadn't occurred to actually mount them afterwards

At present, the dining table is covered with jigsaw pieces, since not enough has been completed to use the roll up mat for storage!
You can get special glues to mount them and pastes to cover the fronts so they stay together keeping their colour for ages. Not had one fade in the 10 years we've been doing them with the mod podge paste.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top