Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 07:55 AM

How far would you go ?

With a growing number of older singlies , mature dating sites popping up like mushrooms all over the internet ... if you were single how far would you go to find a mate or would /are you happy being resigned to staying single etc

Is going off piste really the way to meet a man?
https://mol.im/a/6688857

Mandy Appleyard gave her verdict of a Spice group ski trip in the Italian Alps
The 58-year-old has been happily single since her last break-up in 2016
A friend convinced her she would meet a man in time for Valentine's Day
Several of the married couples in her group had met through Spice
Mandy says most of the men in the group looked as if they lived with their mum
She says the experience with 50 others was one of the loneliest weeks of her life
Lying on my side, snow seeping into my second-hand salopettes like oil into a rag, I watch more adept skiers continue up the mountain on the lift from which I have just fallen.
Surrounded by giant snow-covered pine trees, I have no clue where I am nor what to do next, but there’s no way back: I’d need to be 20 ft tall to get back on the button lift above me.
Feeling humiliated, afraid and lost was not how I’d envisaged the first day of my solo skiing holiday in the Italian Alps. I thought I’d be swigging hot chocolate with a happy gang of like-minded new pals in a cosy mountain chalet, not sodden and tear-soaked as I ski and stumble.
This agony is repeated for an hour until I emerge onto a piste, blue with cold and dizzy with relief. I ski — alone — back down the mountain to the safety of terra firma and mulled wine in my hotel.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 07:59 AM

Re: How far would you go ?

As far as I could cycle.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:20 AM

I read the article Marms...the woman sounds hard work to me, why go on a skiing holiday with 50 other singles if you like your own company? Didn't make sense to me. ....

If I were single how far would I go...well I might make it as far as Cheshire oh gawd I'm such a flirt

And all talk
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:23 AM

Autonomous folks who go through a wedded phase, what can we do with them.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I read the article Marms...the woman sounds hard work to me, why go on a skiing holiday with 50 other singles if you like your own company? Didn't make sense to me. ....

If I were single how far would I go...well I might make it as far as Cheshire oh gawd I'm such a flirt

And all talk

Ooh I’d have my staff prepare the east wing
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Ooh I’d have my staff prepare the east wing
No need...I don't mind sharing

Actually I have a pal who travelled to the Caribbean for love....well sort of she did. She went out to meet a man she met on a teacher exchange .....she was convinced he was the 'one' but when she got there she was met by his wife and family.....the story has a happy ending though because whilst drowning her sorrows she met another man and they ended up getting married....that's 25 years ago. She now lives in a house on stilts in the mountains of Grenada and has a lovely life....
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:52 AM

Luckily, I don't have that problem, because I will surely die before she does.
But just in case I'm wrong, I only need to travel 15 km to town where there are plenty opportunities of meeting good looking widows. Then again I could invite one of you English Ladies to visit me in my little kingdom.
Are you listening, Mupsy?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
But just in case I'm wrong, I only need to travel 15 km to town where there are plenty opportunities of meeting good looking widows. Then again I could invite one of you English Ladies to visit me in my little kingdom.
Hey Mupsy & I come as a package......do you like two tone nagging?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

11-02-2019, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Tuts that you are two timing me.....last I heard you were booking the church...Men!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 09:03 AM

Ohhhh Twinky, I had nearly forgotten about you, don't ask me why.
Mupsy and Twinky, the terrible two, suits me fine.
How quickly can you get organised?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top