Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 04:04 PM

follow up - neighbours parties

A while back I wrote about my neighbours who moved in 2 years ago who like having parties or as they sound football or rugby matches . We are small houses and a terraced of 6 . We've lived here years a bunch of older folk and watched out for each other . The young new neighbours are slap bang in the middle . Since having a moan on here they have continued. We have had at least 6 more . They go on till 4 and 5 am and shouting yelling swearing in house and garden . They even had one Christmas night and drove my other neighbour out of his house to sleep at a friend's . After another awful sleepless night last Friday which finally ended about 5am beneath our bedroom windows I called the police Saturday morning . I was promised a phone call and visit from the community police . Since then I've emailed and phoned and still no follow up . It's 4 days now and I've phoned again and still waiting for a call .

I have previously made contact with environmental health and am waiting for a follow up call from them .

I guess there is nothing they can really do even if we monitor and record the noise . These people have bought the house . When they don't party they are quiet but once the drink starts its absolutely horrendous.

I know they are young , I was once too , but they truly don't give a damn about us who live alongside them .

It's causing myself and the other attached neighbour to seriously think of moving , yet neither of us wants to , we love our homes . Having now finally reported this after two years to the police I have been told it may cause issues when I decide to sell as I must report to potential buyers of the problem . Now this is concerning me .

Where is the protection for people like us who are decent folk can the police and environmental health stop this , I'm not so sure

Thanks for listening once again
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 04:53 PM

Re: follow up - neighbours parties

I feel for you, Susan. I couldn’t bear being on tenterhooks every weekend, dreading if there will be noise or not.
Environmental Health should have done something. Have you contacted your local councillors as they are our representatives and can look into it.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 05:05 PM

I had same problem years ago and must admit I moved in the end
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by susan m
Having now finally reported this after two years to the police I have been told it may cause issues when I decide to sell as I must report to potential buyers of the problem . Now this is concerning me .
Than that is your leverage...contact your Environmental Health people and brook no arguments, this must be sorted asap by them as it's affecting your mental health and will severely affect the future sales of any of the surrounding houses.
You need to begin your conversation, "Now listen to me...", never fails!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 05:17 PM

Hi

Environmental Health have an absolute legal duty to investigate and take action.

If they do not you can claim damages from them.

Put in a formal written complaint to the Chief Executive in the first instance.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 05:57 PM

I've just had the phone call from the police support officer and an apology for the length of time since my initial call . She is referring it to the seargeant , she did say if the noise is confined to the house they can do little , it's only if it spills outside they can ask them to quieten down and confine it inside , but of course the banging shouting yelling and yes howling ( as done by a female at around 3.30am)on Saturday morning will still come through the walls .

I do take on board all your support and advice so thankyou I will do as you all say . I did record 7 minutes of the awful yelling etc at 12.30 am and when I get to talk to a policeman I will play it to them , I'll be recording any more that occur .

Thanks everyone , I am feeling low in myself as I don't want to move as it will be an over 60s residential flat next time . It's all very unsettling
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 06:08 PM

Susan, I feel so sorry for you, there are some selfish buggers around.

I reported an ongoing incident to E.H. a couple of years ago, and they asked me to record everything. I had to write down times, dates, length of time the noise carried on for etc.

Then they came out and had a chat, and gave me a sort of microphone thing that recorded the sounds.

So keep doing what you are doing by making notes and keeping records and then, like others have said, be firm with them and insist something is done.

It is so unfair when you have selfish neighbours like this, so I do hope you can get proper help and guidance a.s.a.p.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2019, 07:07 PM

It's the Nuisance Noise officers you need to contact .
EH should give you their number .
People cannot simply do as they like even if it's confined to their home .
They are causing a nuisance that is affecting your health .
I know of one lady with ME living in a flat above a older deaf couple who had their tv on very loud at 6 a.m every day causing her extreme distress because it disturbed her sleep .It was unreasonable of them she pleaded by both letter and in person . They wouldn t see reason when contacted and she did move in the end for her health's sake ,it was a LA rented property .
But this is your own home and you should not have to upsticks because of their behaviour ,quite rightly too you would have to declare it should you put your property on the market .
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 02:44 PM

I think I’d move.
Before you involve the police and other authorities think on ... you have to inform the your house purchasers on a questionnaire from the solicitor. It could make your house impossible to sell . You’d be trapped
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2019, 03:16 PM

As a matter of interest, are these neighbours buying or own the property or is being rented? If the latter, you could have a word with the landlord/estate agent and make a complaint to them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top