Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:25 PM

Re: Things that confuse you (???)

Game of Thrones.

I sat through three series but still didn't know who anyone was. I gave up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:30 PM

Why do shops put men's clothing on the top floor? They should know by now that men will only shop if they can get in and out within fifteen minutes (that includes trying it on). Women however, will walk around for hours on end trying on things they have no intention of buying, so why not put the womens clothing upstairs?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:39 PM

Inches and centimetres ..... I still get confused and like to work in inches so I have to take my tape measure out with me everywhere.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-04-2019, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Inches and centimetres ..... I still get confused and like to work in inches so I have to take my tape measure out with me everywhere.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:47 PM

Foreign staff at call centres, I am never sure whether they are saying bacon or something else. The language barrier is more confusing over the phone.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-04-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Foreign staff at call centres, I am never sure whether they are saying bacon or something else. The language barrier is more confusing over the phone.
Bacon? Who were you ringing the 'Delhi' counter?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Easy rule of thumb which I use all the time...... the rule of 4.

Just multiply the centimetres by 4.

That will pretty much give you the inches, provided you use some common sense as to where to put the decimal point.
Easy to do in your head, too.

For example: 12 centimetres x 4 = 48 and you put the decimal point between the 4 and the 8. So the answer is 4.8 inches, or four and three-quarter inches, if you like, near enough.

70 centimetres x 4 = 280.......,, the decimal point would go after the 8, so it is 28 inches, or 2' 4".

(Nb if you need to be accurate to a very high degree, you might still need your tape measure, but this method is good enough for most purposes).

To do the opposite and find out how many centimetres in a number of inches, just divide the number of inches by 4 in a similar way, and drop the decimal point.)
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bacon? Who were you ringing the 'Delhi' counter?
Noo Bacons Field
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2019, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Noo Bacons Field
Bacon's bad for you now, you know. It's official.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-04-2019, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Bacon's bad for you now, you know. It's official.
Shh, you will get Morti all confused.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top