Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:34 AM

Do you make yourself laugh?

I have men all over my roof!
My daughter is calling in to pick me up to go shopping.

My bedroom is tiny, boxes from the loft squashed in around my little bed.
I needed a cooler top because it's warm out.
I climbed over my bed to get to my chest of drawers, sort of comando style crawl. Found a top. Turned around, found I couldn't raise myself up to get off the bed so I sort of slid off onto the floor.

Then I didn't have space to get onto all fours or anything. I was trapped!
If I shouted, no one would hear, too much banging and tiles sliding down the roof, not to mention music.

Did I panic? No? I laughed hysterically for five minutes and sort of slithered about until I braced myself against the bed and forced myself upwards.

I'm ok!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:39 AM

Re: Do you make yourself laugh?

That sounds better than any comedy show, Tess ..... wish I had seen it!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:44 AM

Sorry,Tess,I couldn't help meself!.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:45 AM

So funny Tess sorry for laughing too

Actually I had an incident with roofers...I had organised for them to come and fix a slate on the roof....it's a Yorkshire stone roof so not as small a job as you might think....anyway they didn't turn up and I hadn't reorganised anything....following day I decided to have a long hot soak in the bath....what I haven't told you is that the slate was near a sky light Velux in my bathroom...so I'm laid there eyes closed enjoying my bath....when I opened my eyes you guessed it looking back at me through the skylight.....two burly roofers

Oh the shame
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
So funny Tess sorry for laughing too

Actually I had an incident with roofers...I had organised for them to come and fix a slate on the roof....it's a Yorkshire stone roof so not as small a job as you might think....anyway they didn't turn up and I hadn't reorganised anything....following day I decided to have a long hot soak in the bath....what I haven't told you is that the slate was near a sky light Velux in my bathroom...so I'm laid there eyes closed enjoying my bath....when I opened my eyes you guessed it looking back at me through the skylight.....two burly roofers

Oh the shame

Well summer...you know what they say....if you’ve got it flaunt it..
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:54 AM

Sounds to me tessa, you are missing a trick...leave you’re bedroom in the state it’s in, and rent it out to the British army as a new assault course...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Well summer...you know what they say....if you’ve got it flaunt it..
Not sure who was more shocked me or them
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 10:59 AM

Sorry I missed that Tess, I could have taken a Video of you.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I have men all over my roof!
My daughter is calling in to pick me up to go shopping.

My bedroom is tiny, boxes from the loft squashed in around my little bed.
I needed a cooler top because it's warm out.
I climbed over my bed to get to my chest of drawers, sort of comando style crawl. Found a top. Turned around, found I couldn't raise myself up to get off the bed so I sort of slid off onto the floor.

Then I didn't have space to get onto all fours or anything. I was trapped!
If I shouted, no one would hear, too much banging and tiles sliding down the roof, not to mention music.

Did I panic? No? I laughed hysterically for five minutes and sort of slithered about until I braced myself against the bed and forced myself upwards.

I'm ok!
That is very funny. Another one for candid camera.

I fell over a box & squashed it, luckily it was a cardboard one, so I wasn't hurt, a bit bruised is all, but my daughter wasn't pleased as it had new Lego sets in it, in their boxes, I squashed a couple of those too, but couldn't help laughing & then she started, she said it was watching me fall, it was so funny, & we were giggling like kids, she did help me up though. I think a lot of the reason is the shock that makes us laugh rather than crying. In my case anyway, she just thought I was funny.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2019, 11:26 AM

Great thread Tessa! So funny
Yes I do stupid things all the time

The week we broke up I had put my apron on one morning as I always. On this particular day I didn't tie it straight away as I was distracted by piles of work emails that needed my attention.
First lesson starts... Year 10s pile in
..and one girl asks me to check her homework.
As i stood up I stood on one of the apron ties so I was caught in a mid sideways stand. Realising it must have looked funny and the poor girl wanted to laugh..I made an even bigger meal of it. I clasped my neck in fake strangulation and gargled "argh I'm being choked!"
Then I sort of giggled
And she laughed hysterically
Then so did her friends
And the more they laughed the more I did!
When I stood in front of the class to start the lesson off properly my introduction was interspersed with helpless bouts of suppressed giggles
The other pupils lookef a bit bemused!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top