Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 09:51 AM

EU Corruption Report from the EU

This is quite an eye opener.

You can see where corruption is with member states below the YouTube clip just click on the links by country.

After this report was published .... nothing happened. This continues on every day, money laundering, back handed payments and bribery ... its business as usual.

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/wh...tion-report_en
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 10:09 AM

Re: EU Corruption Report from the EU

Having heard a personal account from and employee of the EU Commission on how corruption is rife in some areas, it stands to reason it would also be the same in other areas. Everyone is protecting themselves then.. no whistle blowers !

My latest eye opener is the connections the EU have insisted upon with regard to job seekers, disability payments being stopped and people who are clearly unable to work being forced into poverty . A mandate put forward by the EU and acted upon !

https://www.maximus.com/blog/no-more...yment-services
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 11:00 AM

Usually I do not get involved in politics on here but seeing this thread it interested me enough to search for later reports. It seems there are none. In doing that I found information on the link below which seems to confirm the results of my search:

https://www.access-info.org/article/27794

Providing the above is accurate and this being the case, then is it that those involved in this corruption at high level are protecting others by not issuing further anti-corruption reports which would probably give more damning information on what appears to be wide-spread corruption in EU countries?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Providing the above is accurate and this being the case, then is it that those involved in this corruption at high level are protecting others by not issuing further anti-corruption reports which would probably give more damning information on what appears to be wide-spread corruption in EU countries?
Try to remember that the UK is one of the members of the EU?

On this forum there are many, especially leave voters, that consider 100% of your parliament corrupt (for several reasons). Yet they seem to do nothing about it, except moan that in the next referendum they will not vote (meaning, doing nothing at all).
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->

On this forum there are many, especially leave voters, that consider 100% of your parliament corrupt (for several reasons). Yet they seem to do nothing about it, except moan that in the next referendum they will not vote (meaning, doing nothing at all).
I know I won't be popular here but I do agree with with what Solasch says.
We are all unhappy and even more these days distrustful of our politicians.
However the question I want answering is what to do about it here at home.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
VOTE,! Vote! Vote! Whatever your heart says to vote, use your vote. In the end democracy always wins.
However stubborn you are, but last weeks have should have shown you democracy works. The referendum result was clear, it has been honoured by invoking article 50. The parliament in the course of time got more (better) information. It returns on it's former choice. You are blessed with mp's that are not blind, and at least have the courage to doubt. To doubt their own decicions, to have the interest of the nation at heart.
Those of you who are not able to adopt, are the same kind that put women at the stake to burn them as witches. The same kind that 2019 years ago cried: crucify, crucify him!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Try to remember that the UK is one of the members of the EU?

As stated I don't often become involved in politics on here but to be honest what on earth can any of us 'ordinary' people do to stop corruption? Nothing gets done, MPs on the 'fiddle' get away with it and whether we vote or not seems to change nothing.

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Even more so after the last two-and-a-half years of political manoeuvring. This is not what anyone wants or does any good but it's happened and whether Leave or Remain it's done the country no good at all, IMO.

Good question but will anyone ever get an answer?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top