Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:18 PM

Re: Anyone else dreading another baking Summer?

Originally Posted by peripheral ->
Who remembers 1976?
Yes, only too well as I don't like the heat nowadays and didn't even in those long ago days either.

Link below gives details for those who don't remember or are too young to properly recall it:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...ummer-14864752
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:19 PM

Apart from bringing out all the neighbours in their noisy glory, Holly plonks herself down on the pavement when out. We don't get far, and it takes a lot of pulling and persuading to get her up and moving again. She has to go out for her toilets.

We have a longer walk in the cooler evening.

I have got my French door open, and enjoying the warmth, which is nice, but the social block have loud music on and they are getting quite inebriated and vocal. Thankfully the church have packed up and gone home, and the bbq party from opposite are not there either.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:20 PM

I don't like it too hot and Chloe doesn't either. 20 degrees is hot enough for me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
. The seasons no longer seem defined as they once were.
No they aren't and it's worrying. Today has been like a day in June.

Others may relish it but it worries me. With all the fumes & poisons & plastic bags we are killing this planet - the seasons are going haywire & eventually nature as we know it will not exist.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:21 PM

Who remembers 1976?
I remember it well, it was sad to see so much of the countryside laid bare..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:31 PM

Who remembers 1976?
The year my MIL died

It was a scorcher that summer with the plague of the ladybirds and scorched grass everywhere.

When it eventually rained in late summer, the neighbours were out in the street singing and dancing!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 06:50 PM

I love the warmer days too
And I'm usually so shattered in bed, I sleep regardless

But I'm currently on holiday...
Working in heat is another kettle of fish all together
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 08:14 PM

For God's sake! What is wrong with people in this country?! It's too hot or too cold. Deal with it.
The weather is gorgeous and we do want it!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 08:39 PM

Love the hot weather, the hotter the better. I enjoy walking in the heat, but running can be tough so I go out early in the mornings when it's cool and then do nothing for the rest of the day. It's okay now I'm retired but didn't like working in the factory as an engineer in the hot weather.

I didn't mind the hot weather when I was a courier, just had to drive with the passenger window open (no air con in those days) But enjoyed delivering the post in the good weather, better than the alternative...

Been sitting out in the sun for an hour every day to get my legs tanned, but I always wear a tee shirt to protect the upper body these days.

I've never had a problem sleeping in the heat, the trick is, to make sure you're tired before going to bed....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I hope it lasts. I love the heat. BRING IT ON.
Seconded !
I didn't realise it was that hot last year!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top