Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 10:05 AM

Re: Do you keep a daily diary?

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
No only when I was at School.

On your last day at School, did you have an Autograph book, that your friends and teachers wrote in it, I did, it was all different colour pages.
Yes I have one of those too - I had forgotten about it, I must look it out!
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Yep Margaret, I've been keeping a running journal for forty years with every run I've ever done, with a time, distance, and comments.....
That must be interesting to read, especially the comments. Also as a record of how the distances you run now compare with those of earlier years.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 10:12 AM

I had an autograph book with all my friend’s signature and a little funny poem. I am sorry, l haven’t got it now.

I always used to write in my friends’ autograph books...

A bunny had a shiny nose. A thing it could not mend
Because its little powder puff, was at the other end!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
That must be interesting to read, especially the comments. Also as a record of how the distances you run now compare with those of earlier years.
Thanks Margaret, based on the years I've been running I made a graph of total mileage for each year. Down the left side is the distance in miles and at the top of each post are the miles for that particular year, and along the bottom are the years. Although I started running in 1978 my graph begins in 1980 through to 2017.

I'm still running today (did a ten miler this morning) but am now working on an average speed graph....It's beginning to look like a steep wedge....Down....
I'll post it when it's finished.....

If it's hard to read just press ctrl + and it will zoom it up a bit.
You can easily see the interruption to running after my heart attacks in 2004 and 2014, but thankfully I'm back to normal now.... Whatever normal is at 68...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 11:33 AM

I kept a diary for years when I was younger.

I must admit it was a bit of nice nostalgia to look back and see how I felt about things at the time.
Young romances, the early days of meeting my husband-to-be, and what I'd been up to.

I don't do it anymore though. I have not much to report these days, and I'd probably foirget to write it down anyway.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK

21-04-2019, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Margaret, based on the years I've been running I made a graph of total mileage for each year. Down the left side is the distance in miles and at the top of each post are the miles for that particular year, and along the bottom are the years. Although I started running in 1978 my graph begins in 1980 through to 2017.

I'm still running today (did a ten miler this morning) but am now working on an average speed graph....It's beginning to look like a steep wedge....Down....
I'll post it when it's finished.....

If it's hard to read just press ctrl + and it will zoom it up a bit.
You can easily see the interruption to running after my heart attacks in 2004 and 2014, but thankfully I'm back to normal now.... Whatever normal is at 68...
Thank you OGF that is very interesting - I see that you are gradually increasing again now. I can't begin to imagine doing a ten mile run! I enjoy walking and could just about manage a ten mile walk - I think!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
When my mum in law died we had to go through her things. She kept diaries and while looking through them we found my wife had a step sister that she knew nothing about.
Wow! I bet that was a surprise.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 02:46 PM

I have never lekt a diary but did keep a filofax for about ten years. I sometimes look back on it but it doesn't do much for me tbh.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top