Join for free
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 01:51 PM

Re: Tell me about...

I've always been the type who decorates to suit the house.

The older character properties with high ceilings and high skirting boards, dado rails, picture rails can get away with bold colours. Modern type need more gentle colours. Three houses ago, was an older character type property, which I loved. I really went to town on that. Pure joy it was.

This place is another matter - it doesn't seem to fit in any category

I made the mistake of removing the anaglypta paper (which does my 'ead in) and the plaster fell off. Cue a plasterer and they're not cheap.

So I've only got two rooms with nice smooth walls - my bedroom and the kitchen. The lounge, hall and 2nd bedroom are all still anaglypta with dado rails in the lounge and hall. I figure anything but a light colour would make the swirls more pronounced. They needed white so they got white.

My bedroom is cream with biscuit colour carpet - nice and peaceful colours. I desperately want to decorate and get new carpet in the lounge, hall and 2nd bedroom, but I just can't be arsed.

Colour is a very personal thing, but I always think the colour of your furniture, seating etc are clues to help with colour.

If you painted in gentle colours, you can be bold and go to town with colourful accessories.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 02:15 PM

Cream and white, can't beat it.

Cream walls.
White doors, windows, skirting and ceilings.

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 04:08 PM

Hi

I go for simple. cream and white.

Dulux Light and Space, light reflective .

Makes the house brighter.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 04:14 PM

I love interior designing!!!
Let's start with your furniture Carol... Tell us about them
And are the rooms north or south facing..how many windows.. etc...
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 04:17 PM

I personally go for white and cream too as I feel pattern and strong colour closes a room in.... but that creates cosiness and even "plushness" so it's a matter of taste too

I could do some mood boards for you and post them up in here..

And I'm sure Tessa would too... she's a talented creative. The New England nautical look is one I really like too

Ooh I'm so excited!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I love interior designing!!!
Let's start with your furniture Carol... Tell us about them
And are the rooms north or south facing..how many windows.. etc...
Hi

Fancy a job?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

27-04-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Fancy a job?
I'll help you Swims of course!
But you seem to be doing just fine to me

Well apart from that purple sofa!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My sitting room is two walls mustard three walls grey,accessories also make a room,I like pops of colour.

Not to everyone's taste of course.
That is very nice.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 05:24 PM

I also agree that pattern and intense colour closes off rooms.
The room I just finished painting looks so much bigger now and brighter. The light reflects off the walls now and adds such dimension
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2019, 06:05 PM

White walls, wooden floors go with everything.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top