Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 05:38 AM

Niki Lauda R.I.P.

Formula 1 motor racing legend Niki Lauda has died aged 70.
One of the greatest, his battles on and off the track with James Hunt were especially memorable.

R.I.P.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 06:18 AM

Re: Niki Lauda R.I.P.

RIP
He was lucky to survive that crash although I think breathing in all those fumes buggered him up inside.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:05 AM

Such a shame...

R.I.P
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:28 AM

A three times World Champion and surviving a horrific crash, he was a remarkable man.

We’ll miss seeing you at the track Niki...

RIP
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:33 AM

If you ever feel sorry for your self and think you've been dealt a bad hand of cards, you could not do better than follow Niki's example of courage and determination in whatever walk of life you choose.
Great bloke and will be sadly missed....RIP Niki....
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:31 AM

I remember the crash ... pretty horrendous.

RIP Niki

I guess you can measure someone's worth by the pleasure they bring to other people ... or they gain their admiration by their fighting spirit.
Some people are so self-involved they'd miss no one but themselves. (Is it possible to do that? Miss yourself?)
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:38 AM

Rip Niki...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 11:41 AM

Never really been into formula 1 but Lauda must be one of the most memorable names, even if only for the wrong reasons. Anyone who remembers his horrendous crash thought he would surely die from his injuries but somehow he survived. He also won the World Championship three times.

R.I.P Niki
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If you ever feel sorry for your self and think you've been dealt a bad hand of cards, you could not do better than follow Niki's example of courage and determination in whatever walk of life you choose.
Great bloke and will be sadly missed....RIP Niki....
Hi

I could not agree more.

People need inspiration and he was very much in the public eye.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 04:58 PM

Yes heard the news this morning,
After his horrific crash he was back racing 40 days later, he was given the last rites by a priest and was not expected to make it, yet somehow he did, he raced in the era when f1 was very dangerous with one or two drivers killed almost every week, and did a lot to influence the organisers to take safety seriously ( along with Jackie Stewart) , he went on to run his own airline when he hung up his helmet...last year he underwent a lung transplant, and was making a good recovery.

RIP, niki lauda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top