Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:04 PM

Re: 26/5/19 Thanks to all,who have posted this morning

We should write a book about the pitfalls Pesta.
I've aged 10 years in the last 12 months.

The wannabee buyers are nothing .. the trouble starts when surveyors and solicitors get involved and mess it all up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2019, 11:06 PM

Some good advice given here, IMO.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
We should write a book about the pitfalls Pesta.
I've aged 10 years in the last 12 months.

The wannabee buyers are nothing .. the trouble starts when surveyors and solicitors get involved and mess it all up.
Ha ha, that's so true. I could never understand why the Estate agent wouldn't give the telephone numbers of buyers and sellers but by the end everyone is at each other's throats, so keeping everyone apart is probably a good thing.

I got told off because I kept contacting the buyer's solicitor due to the fact that ours was so useless. They even spelt both our names wrong on the draft contract.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 08:34 AM

When we were selling our kennels one "pratt" took the purchase right up to contract signing day, then he backed out. He didn't have enough capital behind him to even get a mortgage. He only had £200,000 behind him nowhere near the amount needed, let alone run the place.

Another kept bugging us to sell to him. he wanted to move in with his wife, and his and her family.What!!! we only had a small bungalow and even one of the bedrooms was small.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:29 AM

I hadn't intended to sell my place, till a young couple put a letter through my door asking if I would consider selling it to them. This was the 6th person to do that, over the last 4 years, and as I was suffering some joint pains I agreed to let them if they could find the money. I looked at 3 bungalows and found one that was perfect. I let the couple know but they then realized they were living a dream & the found they could not raise enough money. I was not prepared to reduce the price.

There are several Estate agents in the area & I spoke to all of them, before I put the house on the market, and chose the one that I felt had offered the best service when I was looking for a bungalow. They have done a lot of work to assist with the points people have raised on here & even recommended a solicitor that has dealt with a lot of their sales. They even suggested that they cancel the "For Sale" sign being put up, to avoid me having to put up with people knocking on the door.
If none of the interested people are able to buy the house, which is unlikely, it won't matter to me as I will just stay here longer ...so I feel that I am under no pressure either way. I can still keep this place clean & tidy , I will just miss out on a bit more free time!

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top