Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:17 PM

Re: Perfection

Oh no im not a perfectionist, im a bit slap dash really . My friend Sue is a perfectionist and every thing she does is to perfection , dressing , painting , decorating, housework , and she drives herself to distraction. Never stops , she even picks fluff off the carpet !

Me , if theres a mark on the wall ill put a picture up . Sues cupboards are perfect , each tin faces frontwards in line , my cupboards , open them and stand back as the tins fall out
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:21 PM

I was a perfectionist during my working years but these days it's more a case of "**** it! That'll do!"
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I was a perfectionist during my working years but these days it's more a case of "**** it! That'll do!"

So tell me,in you're days what was you're perfection at work?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I like things right but doesn’t need to be, to perfection.
I think a person who is a perfectionist, is suffering from a type of OCD.

For me it's cleaning,oh dear!..so hard to stop,I'm up till the early hours sometimes,yes I know,OCD.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 01:52 PM

Oh dear Pauline. I hope your cleaning leaves you time to enjoy other things in life!!

I have my standards but am far from being a perfectionist. My daughter on the other hand does everything perfect.

She doesn't take after me!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-05-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Oh dear Pauline. I hope your cleaning leaves you time to enjoy other things in life!!

I have my standards but am far from being a perfectionist. My daughter on the other hand does everything perfect.

She doesn't take after me!!

Lately I am on here a lot,that is why I clean until the early hrs,..I have been like it for many yrs,Carol,my mother wasn't like me,but my aunty was,I lived with her for a period of time...

Cleaning gives me great pleasure,that is my pleasure.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 02:04 PM

I'm very much a perfectionist about certain things and not at all with others. In my work I am very diligent because I find that saves work further down the line. I can't stand sloppiness in work situations. But I am more relaxed than I used to be.

If any diy is being done then I will not be able to accept any crooked or asymmetric or missing bits. Curtains too short or bumps in the wallpaper would drive me nuts.

But I definitely would not have my tins pointing a certain way or have an organised underwear draw. A bit of dust is not going to ruin my day.

I think as you get older you have to accept that you cannot fix everything but it's a shame when things you've looked after start falling apart and you can do nothing about it. So I'd want to downsize if that happens.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 02:07 PM

I am by no means a perfectionist but I do try my best

As long as I know where everything is and it’s clean and tidy and everyone is happy - then I’m happy too!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 02:27 PM

I used to be a perfectionist, everything cleaned and lined up to within an inch of its life.

I am not as thorough as I used to be, sadly my health does not allow for it and some days I can only manage to do the basics.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-05-2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I am by no means a perfectionist but I do try my best

As long as I know where everything is and it’s clean and tidy and everyone is happy - then I’m happy too!

Meg,you are telling porkies,I have seen you're garden,immaculate and it looks as if,you give it a manicure!.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top