Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Why Do Older People Love Fish And Chips?

I love fish and chips, so l suppose that makes me pretty ancient!
I have noticed when l go to a restaurant and the waiter or waitress brings out a plate of fish and chips, it’s usually for an older person.

Am l right on this theory? Are fish and chips an older persons favourite food?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:18 PM

Re: Why Do Older People Love Fish And Chips?

I like them occasionally - but much prefer something more adventurous!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:21 PM

Yes and the reason is that old habits die hard. Back in the day there were no alternatives. No Chinese, No Indian, No Burger bars, none of those weird pyramid things rotating in shop windows gathering dust and bugs..........
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:22 PM

I think a lot of older people eat fish because it's great protein that's easier to digest and your digestive system doesn't want too much stress as it ages.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:30 PM

Waaat, I love fish n chips, always have, since being a kid, I’ve never noticed that older people have fish n chips, I don’t go out for meals often, but I’ve seen young and old order fish n chips,
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:38 PM

No I don't think they are only an "older person's" favourite food, Art. Go to any fish and chip shop, especially those at the seaside and there are all ages in them. And I should know because I come from Cod Land.

They're now classes as "fast food" by some people but they don't need to eat them every day. I eat them about once a month from the chippy but sometimes cook my own fish at home (I love Basa fillets). Often I don't ask for chips either, just a whopper of a cod.

It's probably my favourite food ever but I'm still amazingly young and fresh
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I love fish and chips, so l suppose that makes me pretty ancient!
I have noticed when l go to a restaurant and the waiter or waitress brings out a plate of fish and chips, it’s usually for an older person.

Am l right on this theory? Are fish and chips an older persons favourite food?
I'm ancient. And married to a brilliant cook.
We do have fission chips occasionally.
Teriyaki salmon is my favourite fish dish.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:49 PM

No, I can't agree it's an older person's meal.
My adult kids all love our Friday f&c and my son-in-law introduced me to a pot of curry sauce for the chips!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 09:52 PM

Nah, not just for old codgers lass. I've been eating fish 'oil since I were nobbut a bairn. Every Saturday lunchtime was our weekly treat when I was little but we couldn't have fish, it had to be a 'cake' coz fish were only for adults because it was expensive. I felt grown up if they ever treat me to a fish lol
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2019, 11:30 PM

If you see the queues on a Friday night at my local Chippy, they are mostly younger people, or men on their way home from work probably been told to bring Fish & Chips in for tea.

Having said that, some of the Chippy's round here do 'Pensioner's Portions', which is a much smaller amount for them, and therefore cheaper too.

I think that is an excellent idea, as not all older people want, or can eat huge portions, and it is such a waste otherwise.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top