Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 05:56 PM

Re: What a difference a carton makes!

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I thought it was a new trend to put dinners in cartons!
Don’t knock it, l might have just had an ingenious idea! .... Excuse me, whilst l head over to the, ‘Light bulb moment’ thread and hope Heinz or Crosse and Blackwell are looking in!
Erm...... if you are going to make a million out of this innovative idea, I claim a share of the copyright!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Funnily enough, I spotted the Sainsbury's Taste difference one just this morning and thought it looked nice. Sainsbury's also do Amy's but it is in the frozen section.

So do Asda, and I also saw some in Waitrose the other day.

I love their soups, really packed with goodies.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2019, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So do Asda, and I also saw some in Waitrose the other day.

I love their soups, really packed with goodies.
I don't normally look at the frozen foods. Perhaps I should?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pyxell, Going by the thread heading, l thought you usually bought your macaroni cheese in a bottle! You know, like milk used to before it came in cartons!
Mine still does, Artangel !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 05:57 AM

Pyxell - don't ever be tempted to try the tinned variety of MC - one of my friends served it up for lunch at a craft day some months ago - it was vile - all slimy and tasteless. It took every vestige of good manners for me to eat it.
Pyxell
South of England

01-06-2019, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Pyxell - don't ever be tempted to try the tinned variety of MC - one of my friends served it up for lunch at a craft day some months ago - it was vile - all slimy and tasteless. It took every vestige of good manners for me to eat it.
Shudder!

Some tinned foods are good, others are only fit for eating at the onset of Armageddon.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

01-06-2019, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Shudder!

Some tinned foods are good, others are only fit for eating at the onset of Armageddon.
Not even then for tinned MC !!
Pyxell
South of England

01-06-2019, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not even then for tinned MC !!
Ok.... a year after Armageddon, when it is either tinned MC or human.
Pyxell
South of England

02-06-2019, 05:52 PM

Update on the change in the shape of the carton.

I have now weighed the original round aluminium dish and also the new rectangular dish.

The round one was 14g, and the rectangular one was 10g.

Given that the net contents of the food weighed the same in both dishes, that means that changing the shape of the dish has saved 4g of aluminium per meal.

Given the thousands and thousands of those meals made, that's a lorra lorra aluminium saved, plus less wasted space in the transit boxes.

Interesting.

Also interesting that for some reason, the meal doesn't look quite as appetising in the rectangular as in the round dish, yet it tastes the same! (It's only a subjective, marginal thing, though!)

I will have to dig out some old credit card slips and see if the price has changed.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 07:23 PM

This is wonderful Macaroni Cheese, but it is pricey, £6. 50. Sainsburys do sell it amongst other shops. If you see it reduced by it's sell by date, give it a try. I''ll look out for your one

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top