Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 10:46 PM

Re: Are You An Empath

No, I wouldn't call myself an empath. I can care about people and feel sorry for them but I am also able to switch off when I need to otherwise I think I would go insane.

I have recently changed. I used to worry about things I had said or done to people years ago but now I realise I don't have to.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 10:49 PM

And, the more you switch off, the less needy folks you encounter, a win win situation.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And, the more you switch off, the less needy folks you encounter, a win win situation.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Too much empath can, end up as an epitaph.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 11:06 PM

Hi Lion Queen.

The term empath is new to me, although I have heard the word I didn't know what it meant specifically.

If, from your lovely post it means that you are a caring, thoughtful individual who is willing to listen to others' problems and try to help then I guess I can do that too. Many a time I have been a shoulder to cry on whether it be within family circles, with my good friends or even at work with colleagues - without getting too in deep I sense that I am one who tends to be able to listen more carefully than others do for some reason.

I may not come across as such on this forum - sometimes I can be a bit of a twat, but only when that is justified towards ridiculous people and those who go out of their way to be pompous or arrogant - I defend myself. But at the same time I will be the best listener. That's me: I can be hard at times but the softest pussy at others
Even on this forum there are those who put their points across by showing how clever they are with their words - but those people are rarely seen to be caring or thoughtful and you hardly ever see them partaking general discussion where help in required. They only want to talk about themselves all the time. I could name names but they know who they are - you don't even get a "good morning" from them.

LQ, do not in any way feel afraid or embarrassed to feel as you do in these situations. There is absolutely nothing wrong in being a nice, good person. There are not so many around in this day and age, the young don't have this trait, we are a dying breed. So be as you are and who you are. In other words, be yourself, you're on the right side
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 11:38 PM

Another thing about an Empath,IMO,....you can't fool them and don't mess with them!.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 11:39 PM

I don't think it's about me being a good person floydy, i.m not fishing for compliments, it's about how I feel inside and how I struggle with who I am yet like who I am.

As I said , i.m afunny onion
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2019, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No, I wouldn't call myself an empath. I can care about people and feel sorry for them but I am also able to switch off when I need to otherwise I think I would go insane.

I have recently changed. I used to worry about things I had said or done to people years ago but now I realise I don't have to.
I wish I knew how to switch off, but then, do I really mean that, I wouldn't be me if i did , does that make sense? X
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 12:09 AM

Hi

Floydy, you worry too much.

You are an absolutely genuine guy and it shows in your posts about your family and the littlies.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

02-06-2019, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Floydy, you worry too much.

You are an absolutely genuine guy and it shows in your posts about your family and the littlies.
I also agree with this.

I think floydy sometimes thinks people are judging him and certain posts make him question himself when a particular post is absolutely nothing to do with him.

Chill Floydy, don't do what I do and overthink things, xxx

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top