Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 10:32 PM

Re: The Rain

RS, the sun will return the UPVC to its original state over time, I was told that by a scientist circa 1982.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 04:36 AM

Nice conservatory Realspeed

I was stuck in traffic yesterday, rain beating down on the car, being hypnotised by the windscreen wipers...you know the score.

Hope it clears up for the weekend. On holiday all next week so it better be nicer by then
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:12 AM

The rain is here in Scotland, every day for the last week, on and on and on. Getting nothing done outside at all, grass is about six inches long now, can't get it cut as it's drenched and waterlogged. It's cold too more like March than June, Had to Yank out the Winter coat with the hood again. RAIN..... PAH.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:30 AM

I like rain - it is very healing.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
RS, the sun will return the UPVC to its original state over time, I was told that by a scientist circa 1982.
Most are made from Polycarbonate which is a different material for roofs, normally twin walled. Rain on them is extremely noisy in fact deafening at times. Glass heat reflecting self clean roofs are expensive yes but well worth it for peace and quiet. Around here we do get some seagull droppings on it but they was off with the rain, dearn't clean the roof as it would ruin the protective coating

UPVC is used for the frame work the glass sits in, used for roof- side supports and doors
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 11:11 AM

What carpenter would choose to use soft wood for sills? Crazy.
That’s a lovely gazebo though. I have the same issues washing my greenhouses panels; have to be careful due to the coating on them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What, on the forum?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:08 PM

When I looked yesterday rain was forecast for the whole day but it's lovely here now.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
What carpenter would choose to use soft wood for sills? Crazy.
That’s a lovely gazebo though. I have the same issues washing my greenhouses panels; have to be careful due to the coating on them.
just for cheapness and I bet charged hardwood prices. Even the joints had rotted away ,screwdriver went right through
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
just for cheapness and I bet charged hardwood prices. Even the joints had rotted away ,screwdriver went right through
When I had my porch rebuilt, I specified hardwood glazing bars/rafters or whatever they are called, for the glass roof.

The quotation priced for hardwood.

Before they were painted, I had a good look at them, and to my eye, the grain on the wood looked like pine, so I queried it and, yes, it was pine.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top