Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 01:29 AM

Re: Did you used to smoke?

That’s expensive. What instrument did you play and what type of music and do you still play keezoy?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 03:02 AM

I reckon I've smoked less than a dozen cigarettes in my lifetime, the last time around 25 years ago. Back then it was sort of "cool" to smoke when you're in your teens and twenties. Now of course it's just about the most uncool and anti-social "pastime" there is.

A filthy, solitary habit. Anybody with a glimmer of sense and intelligence knows that smoking will give them eternal diseases. How can they have such little self-respect?

I've always valued my health too much to want to smoke. A mug's game.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:58 AM

That’s expensive. What instrument did you play and what type of music and do you still play keezoy?

Sure Bratti. My main instrument is guitar but I've experimented with other instruments over the years. Mainly keys. I have always gravitated to the blues and R&B. I play slide still with friends for fun but that's all. . That's enough If I started playing out again I might be tempted to smoke..and that would get me divorced :O
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Were you a smoker?

Did you give up smoking?

How long ago?

Was it hard to break the addiction?

Do you feel better for it?

What have you done with all the saved money?

!
I was a bit of a chain smoker with about 40 to 60 a day but when a packet of twenty was threatening to get to $1 a packet I decided to give it up. This was in 1983 and I had just moved onto a shift of non smokers. Personally I loved smoking and the first smoke of the day was in bed when I awoke and a particular joy.

Went cold turkey - after not smoking for about two weeks I had to wash all my clothes, sheets blankets, curtains and clean the carpets as my sense of smell came back. It was so disgusting, my wife smoked but how the rest of my family put up with it I don't know. Never smoked since and don't miss it.

I haven't smoked since and I am now that most intolerant of all beings - a reformed non smoker.

As for the money saved... well, I can drink more!
Mr Magoo
London
Mr Magoo is male  Mr Magoo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 09:55 AM

I have never smoked. At the time when I could have started both my parents were trying to give it up. It wasn’t easy for both of them. That convinced me not to start.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 10:31 AM

Showing my age here! I gave up smoking when a two ounce tin of Old Holborn cigarette tobacco went up to 7/6 (27.5p) a tin.
I couldn,t afford it
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 10:59 AM

Both my parents smoked - Dad had a pipe and used Robin or St Bruno tobacco. Mother smoked Players - about 60 per day.

I tried it once when I was about 17 - didn't like it, didn't see the point, thought it was like burning money.

No-one is allowed to smoke in my home.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 04:46 PM

I stopped a few months back.
I just vape now using a very low nicotine juice.
I don't care what anyone says about vaping - it works!
Keeps me off the fags and you start to feel hugely better within a few days.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 04:58 PM

No-one is allowed to vape in my home either!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

Sure Bratti. My main instrument is guitar but I've experimented with other instruments over the years. Mainly keys. I have always gravitated to the blues and R&B. I play slide still with friends for fun but that's all. . That's enough If I started playing out again I might be tempted to smoke..and that would get me divorced :O
Guitar is such a beautiful instrument and one I wished I had learned. I bought my husband a beautiful maple guitar and he used to play a bit. I’ve tried it but I can not get used to having to have short nails. Now that I’m older it’s the bending of the fingers everywhere that gets to me.

I play keyboards and alto & soprano sax and my playing gig days are over. I would t even want to do that any more but my brother still does

Thanks for the answers.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top