Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Re: Private Number Plates

I have my own number plate, the wife bought it for me for my 40th.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have my own number plate, the wife bought it for me for my 40th.
LAST 2 POST

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:03 PM

I remember seeing two cars parked side by side in London..

2BE & NOT 2B
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Thank you all for your responses, the one I saw this morning was my next door neighbours 17 year old son who has recently passed his test, I didn't understand the plate
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

One of the cleverest ones was A5NEM..... which when viewed in the rear view mirror spells MENSA. I'm not even sure the owner was aware of that tbh.
oh, if they were clever enough, they would have known!
Being clever, without being ostentatious about it!

I have a personal number plate, and yes, I call it my little bit of whimsy!
The joy is, though, that unless you were to know me, you'd not realise it was a personal plate!

I got it from the DVLA about 15 years ago, and it was in their cheap de cheap pile, and only cost £125!

I love reading numberplates, and if some give me a giggle, all to the good! There are some stonking ones out there!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember seeing two cars parked side by side in London..

2BE & NOT 2B
I just love that!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:42 PM

Many years ago I saw a car in Dundee with the plate POT 80
Belonged to a potato merchant.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by besoeker ->
many years ago i saw a car in dundee with the plate pot 80
belonged to a potato merchant.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 01:15 PM

I have a personalised plate, the combination of which I fed into the DVLA website and it came up as available, so bought it. I knew I wanted to get a new car and did, but the plate had to be held till then.

It was my 50th birthday present to myself and my parents (or rather my Mum!) contributed towards it. The good thing is it will never ever change, and I can transfer it to any car registered after the year on it, when and if the time comes to change car.

I love it
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I have a personalised plate, the combination of which I fed into the DVLA website and it came up as available, so bought it. I knew I wanted to get a new car and did, but the plate had to be held till then.

It was my 50th birthday present to myself and my parents (or rather my Mum!) contributed towards it. The good thing is it will never ever change, and I can transfer it to any car registered after the year on it, when and if the time comes to change car.

I love it
My Daughter's is the same, she has had hers on several vehicles, it's now on our van, for ever.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2019, 02:21 PM

I love it when they spend a lot on these number plates and you can't even make out what they are supposed to say. It feeds the driver's ego I guess!

The letters on mine read HUK, just missing an 'L' before the K. Entirely coincidental of course!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top