Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:42 AM

Re: Walking in the rain ...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Honestly, can teenagers do anything right in older people’s eyes? They get knocked back for nearly everything.

We probably did worse things than they do these days. Leave em be, they are young and learning about life.
I didn't think I was 'knocking them back' just mildly concerned about their well-being because it was absolutely sheeting down. Before my retirement I was a secondary school teacher and have always enjoyed the company of young people. My own sons hated wearing an outdoor coat when they were teenagers but in any battle of wills like that I would usually win - though what happened once they had left the house is anyone's guess!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:45 AM

I'm just trying to think back to when I was at school and I can't ever remember wearing a coat, even though I had a few.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
I didn't think I was 'knocking them back' just mildly concerned about their well-being because it was absolutely sheeting down. Before my retirement I was a secondary school teacher and have always enjoyed the company of young people. My own sons hated wearing an outdoor coat when they were teenagers but in any battle of wills like that I would usually win - though what happened once they had left the house is anyone's guess!
Margaret, l didn’t mean you personally, l meant generally.
Many older people are always knocking back teenagers. Teenagers can do no right in some people’s eyes, they are all layabouts, take drugs and promiscuous!
There is good and bad in everything.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:46 AM

when I was a young 'un I was too soft to go without a coat, I wasn't 'ard like they are today haha
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:48 AM

Mups, You’re talking about a time that was over 60 years ago. It’s a different time now!

As a teenager, l hardly ever wore a coat. I don’t even like them now!

Art, it doesn't matter how many years ago, rain was still rain and got you soaked through.

Anyway, I thought we were talking about school kids, not teens going for a night out on the town.

I would rather see mine dressed for the rain than being ill from sitting in wet clothes all day.

P.S. Not quite ' Over 60 years ago' when I was a teenager either, thank you very much!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
when I was a young 'un I was too soft to go without a coat, I wasn't 'ard like they are today haha
LQ, What was your health like then?
I hardly ever wore a coat and l’m sure it made me hardier as l was never ill or got colds.

Many people these days, panic about a bit of rain and getting wet. I can never understand this?
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:51 AM

Margaret, l didn’t mean you personally, l meant generally.
Many older people are always knocking back teenagers. Teenagers can do no right. In some people’s eyes, they are all layabouts, take drugs and promiscuous!
There is good and bad in everything.
Yes I know what you mean Artangel - my late Mother was frightened if she came across a group of teenagers simply because of what she saw in the media at times. It's very sad that they are all tainted by just a very small number.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->

I agree Margaret, we can only try and send them off suitable protected. If they choose to strip up when they get round the corner, it's their own silly fault.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-06-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Art, it doesn't matter how many years ago, rain was still rain and got you soaked through.

Anyway, I thought we were talking about school kids, not teens going for a night out on the town.

I would rather see mine dressed for the rain than being ill from sitting in wet clothes all day.
Mups, You were in water for nine months before you were born. Did you have a cold after your mother gave birth to you?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:54 AM

LQ, What was your health like then?
I hardly ever wore a coat and l’m sure it made me hardier as l was never ill or got colds.

Many people these days, panic about a bit of rain and getting wet. I can never understand this?
My health was fine Arty, its just I have never been one for the rain, I hate the stuff and I hated, still hate to be wet and cold.

As it happens I've been spouting off on facebook this morning telling Mr Rain to do one!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top