Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:55 AM

Re: Walking in the rain ...

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, You were in water for nine months before you were born. Did you have a cold after your mother gave birth to you?

That's a pretty daft comparison. Hardly the same temperature as being out in the street is it!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Yes I know what you mean Artangel - my late Mother was frightened if she came across a group of teenagers simply because of what she saw in the media at times. It's very sad that they are all tainted by just a very small number.
Exactly! Margaret.
I have found the majority of teenagers to be polite and well mannered but they all get a bad name due to a small minority.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's a pretty daft comparison. Hardly the same temperature as being out in the street is it!
lt probably is but it’s true!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

LQ, What was your health like then?
I hardly ever wore a coat and l’m sure it made me hardier as l was never ill or got colds.

Many people these days, panic about a bit of rain and getting wet. I can never understand this?
It's cos they is all snowflakes innit.

(Runs for cover)
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Honestly, can teenagers do anything right in older people’s eyes? They get knocked back for nearly everything.

We probably did worse things than they do these days. Leave em be, they are young and learning about life.
We probably did Art and older people criticized us for what we did. We may not have liked what they said but it still helped us learn about life.
My school asked for an explanation why I got so wet & to teach us a lesson, made us wear our science overalls, which was embarrassing.
We didn't like it, but it did teach us about discipline.... and that is one lessen every young person needs to be taught!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 10:58 AM

My Daughter rarely wears a coat or jacket, even when it's cold. She is 47. She says she feels hot all the time. It could now be the change in her case, but she's always been like it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Mups, You were in water for nine months before you were born. Did you have a cold after your mother gave birth to you?

Mups was sent from heaven.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Exactly! Margaret.
I have found the majority of teenagers to be polite and well mannered but they all get a bad name due to a small minority.

Yes, I agree, but what have their manners got to do with wearing coats?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Maybe it's time to make the 'see through' plastic mac fashionable again !

Then they will all wear one and it would fold up small for carrying around in school.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-06-2019, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My health was fine Arty, its just I have never been one for the rain, I hate the stuff and I hated, still hate to be wet and cold.

As it happens I've been spouting off on facebook this morning telling Mr Rain to do one!
LQ, Try singing, ‘Here Comes The Sun’ by the Beatles.
I used to get my children to sing it when we were on holiday and it rained. It used to work!
Or, maybe it was a coincidence?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top