Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:22 AM

Re: Walking in the rain ...

I was forced by my loving parents to wear a navy gabardine mac ..remember those? It’s was 44ins long I looked like little mini mouse trapped inside it . Sensible Clark’s lace ups . I remember getting mad and throwing those shoes over the fence into next doors garden .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I was forced by my loving parents to wear a navy gabardine mac ..remember those? It’s was 44ins long I looked like little mini mouse trapped inside it . Sensible Clark’s lace ups . I remember getting mad and throwing those shoes over the fence into next doors garden .
My garbadine was a hand me down and reached my ankles so another mini mouse here
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:33 AM

I don't remember sacrificing dryness for fashion, especially as my hair would go very frizzy if it got damp and was then a nightmare.

I did sacrifice being warm for fashion, though, as a teenager; mini skirt, mini coat, left open, of course, no scarf or hat. Shiver-shiver-shivering at bus stops. (Rolls eyes).

However, when I went to Uni, PVC was all the rage, and I remember buying a racing green mini-mac in PVC, with a white full-length zip that did up right to the chin, together with knee-high white PVC boots! I teamed it with a long, white aviator's scarf thrown nonchantly over one shoulder.

I was the bees knees in that! (Plus it kept me dry of sorts!)

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top