Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:04 PM

Re: Do You Still Do Ironing?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
My bedding is all cotton too Meg

I hang it out to dry I only iron the pillow cases .

The duvet goes on as it is it soon smooths out .

The rest I iron if it's really awful .

Having said that there is a horrible mountain of clean clothles waiting for my attention growing behind me .

It's in the front room so I will have to get on with it .

(I don't )
Hee Hee Muddy, confession time, it really is a chore, isn't it.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Are you talking about tea towels ?
When I was a teenager, I had to do the ironing every couple of weeks. Sheets, pillowcases, towels, tea towels, all clothes including underpants and socks, even handkerchiefs!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Are you talking about tea towels ?
In my case Bratti, they too were ironed, neatly folded and put away in the drawer. (Is it any wonder they never remained the fluffy tea towels they were originally, they were ironed to death!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-06-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
When I was a teenager, I had to do the ironing every couple of weeks. Sheets, pillowcases, towels, tea towels, all clothes including underpants and socks, even handkerchiefs!
Wow Pyxell, your mum was a lucky lady. I didn't have the luxury of a daughter to help. You were a good girl.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:13 PM

I usually iron while watching DVDs - and I iron everything. Couldn't bear to sleep in sheets that were not ironed - mine are all Egyptian cotton for the Summer and Irish Linen for Winter.

Laundry is hung out in the open air - or, if it is raining, in the garage with the windows open. I don't have a tumble dryer.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Wow Pyxell, your mum was a lucky lady. I didn't have the luxury of a daughter to help. You were a good girl.
Ironed tea towels are sterile handy if you have some horrible injury and need a sterile dressing .
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I can't remember the last time I ironed anything.

Clothes get hung up to dry, as was said before.

If bedding is creased, it stays creased.

I loathe ironing, and I simply will not do it! (Stamps foot emoticon)
This ^^^^

If I was going somewhere that called for smart clothing then I'd iron anything that was creased but day to day it's tracky bottoms or jeans with a t shirt which go in the tumble drier and then get folded up and put away.

Bedding is cotton but as Pyx says if it gets creased it stays creased. The fitted sheets stretch out anyway and I have a throw that goes over the duvet so I don't get to see that. The pillowcases seem to come out of the tumbly crease free.

My mother in law irons EVERYTHING including towels and tea towels, socks, knickers etc. She's always moaning about how much ironing she has but she says she HAS to do it....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-06-2019, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
I love ironing when in the mood love the smell and the starch. But have to be in the mood.
I'm like you Kazz. I love my washing to smell nice. Every time I wash my pillowcases and large cushion covers, as I put the cases back on both, I place a Bounce sheet into each, the smell lingers for a long time and is really nice. Of course, they are removed when they get washed again and the process is repeated.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
In my case Bratti, they too were ironed, neatly folded and put away in the drawer. (Is it any wonder they never remained the fluffy tea towels they were originally, they were ironed to death!
I’m starting to feel like a real slacker here, maybe even frumpish

Generally speaking I’m starting to realize that North America is far more spoiled than the UK. I had a friend from Scotland who used to iron EVERYTHING including tea towels, sheets and underwear. She couldn’t believe there was almost nothing I ironed. We used to laugh about it a lot.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I usually iron while watching DVDs - and I iron everything. Couldn't bear to sleep in sheets that were not ironed - mine are all Egyptian cotton for the Summer and Irish Linen for Winter.

Laundry is hung out in the open air - or, if it is raining, in the garage with the windows open. I don't have a tumble dryer.

Yep! It’s confirmed.
I’m lazy.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top