Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:28 PM

Re: Do You Still Do Ironing?

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I’m starting to feel like a real slacker here, maybe even frumpish

Generally speaking I’m starting to realize that North America is far more spoiled than the UK. I had a friend from Scotland who used to iron EVERYTHING including tea towels, sheets and underwear. She couldn’t believe there was almost nothing I ironed. We used to laugh about it a lot.
Ah, but that was then, and this is now!

Slacker it is for me, now, as regards laundry!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Ah, but that was then, and this is now!

Slacker it is for me, now, as regards laundry!
Ah, thank you. This is true.
That was then & THIS is now.

Yayyyyy for no more ironing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:34 PM

I don’t iron anything l haven’t ironed anything for years. Modern materials don’t require ironing if you fold them right. Anyway, your body heat will get rid of any creases.
To me life is for living not slogging doing housework. I think housework is ageing and a killer.
I have a couple of house proud friends who now can’t do housework as they both suffered heart attacks from killing themselves doing so much housework.

As l have always said, the house will still be standing long after you’re gone. Enjoy your life instead, while you can!
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Are you talking about tea towels ?
No hand and bath towels. I still iron tea towels. When in use I hang them on the bar across the oven door and like them to look neat. My other half tends to just sling them onto the bar and I'm forever folding and hanging them 'properly'. I was told once that tea towels should be ironed to kill off any remaining germs after washing - I don't know how true this is, I just like them to look neat and tidy.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t iron anything l haven’t ironed anything for years. Modern materials don’t require ironing if you fold them right. Anyway, your body heat will get rid of any creases.
To me life is for living not slogging doing housework. I think housework is ageing and a killer.
I have a couple of house proud friends who now can’t do housework as they both suffered heart attacks from killing themselves doing so much housework.

As l have always said, the house will still be standing long after you’re gone. Enjoy your life instead, while you can!
You are so right Art .
No ones obituary says she was a wonderful ironer.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I usually iron while watching DVDs - and I iron everything. Couldn't bear to sleep in sheets that were not ironed - mine are all Egyptian cotton for the Summer and Irish Linen for Winter.

Laundry is hung out in the open air - or, if it is raining, in the garage with the windows open. I don't have a tumble dryer.
ST, I guess if you have expensive and delicate bedding, then it would be worth ironing them to see them at their best.
Not for me though, As long as bedding is clean, my easyfit duvets go on easily, and pillowcases match, that does me!
Besides, they never look creased once on the bed, and the cover goes over, so all is well with the world.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Good on you Art, a gal after my own heart. I knew there was a good reason for the dust on my iron. I just couldn't think what it was. Now I know. It's really dangerous for one's health!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You are so right Art .
No ones obituary says she was a wonderful ironer.
HaHa! Muddy. I hate to think what it will say!

I also, only ever buy the best quality bedlinen. It probably doesn’t match but it is of a high thread count, Egyptian cotton. Or a good make duvets and pillowcases.
I sleep like a log, so l don’t think having it ironed will make any difference!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

13-06-2019, 07:49 PM

How about you men? Haven't heard from you yet! do you do ironing or do you think like some of us females, To blazes with it!?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

13-06-2019, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
How about you men? Haven't headr from you yet! do you do ironing or do you think like some of us females, To blazes with it!?
SG, l bet most of the men aren’t bothered about ironed bedlinen! They could probably sleep on a washing line!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top