Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:16 AM

Re: Have You Ever Given Someone The Wrong Directions?

I am fine with directing pedestrians - but car drivers - that's another matter. Not being a driver myself I am unfamiliar with one way streets etc., Have been known to give someone the most direct route to where they want to be - only to realise after they have driven off - there is a ring road and 15 one way streets for them to navigate before they reach there!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:34 AM

Nah, I don't give anyone directions because it's usually me that's lost.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 10:47 AM

just don't ask me to give directions, I'm hopeless. I sometimes wonder how I get to where I want to get to when driving.

I wonder if he was on jury service.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I am fine with directing pedestrians - but car drivers - that's another matter. Not being a driver myself I am unfamiliar with one way streets etc., Have been known to give someone the most direct route to where they want to be - only to realise after they have driven off - there is a ring road and 15 one way streets for them to navigate before they reach there!
ST, You sound as if you would make a great tour guide but not in a role with the AA!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 11:09 AM

With so many new builds here, with street names I've never heard of, it is difficult for me to direct anyone to any of those. I was tempted to get a recent map of the area, but never got round to it. So if anyone asks me now & I don't know, I just say sorry am new to the area. It's a lie, I've lived here 47 years. This town was a little village when we came here.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Nah, I don't give anyone directions because it's usually me that lost.
Mups, I as bad as you! Even when using a satnav, l still get lost!
Somehow or other, l always seem to end up on the dreadful M6 North, behind a line of pantechnicons that l can’t see over the top or down the side!

As for street directions...maybe, l am not the best one to ask!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2019, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
just don't ask me to give directions, I'm hopeless. I sometimes wonder how I get to where I want to get to when driving.

I wonder if he was on jury service.
LQ, He might have been on jury service?
Maybe, l should have done a full in-depth interview and found out more?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

14-06-2019, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
With so many new builds here, with street names I've never heard of, it is difficult for me to direct anyone to any of those. I was tempted to get a recent map of the area, but never got round to it. So if anyone asks me now & I don't know, I just say sorry am new to the area. It's a lie, I've lived here 47 years. This town was a little village when we came here.
Tiffany, Please can l have a pic of you, in case l ever visit your area and get lost. Then l will know, not to ask you!
Instead, l will sing, ‘Liar Liar... your knickers are on fire’!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 11:42 AM

Yes. Deliberately. And several times too!

If you can't get a laugh out of things life presents you on a plate then where's the fun?

While queuing to pay in a filling station was asked by a French driver with family in car where a good spot for a picnic would be.

Gave him directions to our local "amenity centre" aka tip. Thing is it's not visible untill you're inside the gate.

Being French they probably found it perfect!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2019, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, He might have been on jury service?
Maybe, l should have done a full in-depth interview and found out more?
Yes you should, also asked him what trial he was on and the ins and outs of it then you could have told me, I'm nosey like that yanno

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top