Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
vivity
Perth Western Australia
vivity is female  vivity has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:01 AM

Re: Some of our Australian fauna

Originally Posted by Gerry ->
Vivity, the Cassowaries are further north than where I live. I have seen them between Cairns and Cooktown while driving but never was able to get a photo.
Whoops Gerry I meant Kuranda outside Cairns, not Katoomba (Blue Mountains)
Gerry
Whitsundays,Queensland Australia
Gerry is male  Gerry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 03:13 AM

This is one of my favourites. The young wallaby having a feed just outside my front door while another female looked on.

Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 05:32 AM

They look so happy there Gerry
Gerry
Whitsundays,Queensland Australia
Gerry is male  Gerry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 07:07 AM

They are very happy Abby

The unadorned rock-wallaby (Petrogale inornata) is a member of a group of closely related rock-wallabies found in northeastern Queensland, Australia. It is plainer than other rock wallabies, hence its common name.

The unadorned rock-wallaby is patchily distributed in coastal ranges from around Rockhampton to near Townsville. This range includes the small range of the Proserpine rock-wallaby (P. persephone) which is endangered.

The Unadorned rock-wallaby (I have only ever seen these at night or at dusk)

The Proserpine rock-wallaby.
Abby
Australia
Abby is female  Abby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2013, 08:47 AM

Gerry

You will be pleased to know they bring a smile to my face
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 12:37 AM

Well you guys over in Australia are perhaps more used to seeing these beautiful creatures than we are in the UK, and they are adorable, so thank you for posting them.
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

08-09-2013, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Well you guys over in Australia are perhaps more used to seeing these beautiful creatures than we are in the UK, and they are adorable, so thank you for posting them.
You know what mollie,the average Australian never gets to see most of these beautifull creatures,it amazes me how many Aussies would sooner go to Bali than look in their own backyard,i used to prospect for gold and lived in the scrub,not bush,the bush and the scrub are different places,some people live in areas where the flora and fauna are at your backdoor,others, like anywhere else, live in big housing estates and flats and get to see nothing but bricks and sky,but i actually like the English countryside but i live in Australia,everything is different here,we have everything you could imagine here,flora and fauna wise.

Billy
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

08-09-2013, 01:04 AM

As soon as the wildflowers are in full bloom i will get some decent pics,its almost snake season too so they will be coming out of their hibernation,they are going to be angry as usual,all they want is food and sex! lol. We get them bad around here,the only good snake is a dead snake,only in town though,just have to watch your pets and where you walk.

Billy
vivity
Perth Western Australia
vivity is female  vivity has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 01:27 AM

Don't know about snakes only being a worry in town, how about when you drive over a snake on a gravel road just on a bend, can't check to see if it is dead on the road in the mirror and don't know if it is wrapped around the wheel hub, very angry and waiting to strike when you get out, one of my big fears in country driving.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2013, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
You know what mollie,the average Australian never gets to see most of these beautifull creatures,it amazes me how many Aussies would sooner go to Bali than look in their own backyard,i used to prospect for gold and lived in the scrub,not bush,the bush and the scrub are different places,some people live in areas where the flora and fauna are at your backdoor,others, like anywhere else, live in big housing estates and flats and get to see nothing but bricks and sky,but i actually like the English countryside but i live in Australia,everything is different here,we have everything you could imagine here,flora and fauna wise.

Billy
Yes Billy I can perfectly understand that. For different reasons, people here like to go abroad for their holidays, probably mainly because of the poor weather here, but there are some absolutely outstandingly beautiful places here in the UK that folk will probably never see. I live about 1½ hours from the Lake District, which is fantastic, but I only know that because of folk who post their wonderful photos of it, otherwise I'd never see any of it.

I'm a townie, but live not too far from some lovely tranquil places almost on my doorstep and, oddly enough, we discovered a place just a couple of miles away that we didn't know existed until about 5 years ago.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top