Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Spider
South Yorkshire, England
Spider is male  Spider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Re: Wild flowers

A lovely picture thank you Shirley MarieI look forward to seeing them.

And I agree with you Autumn Colour regarding weeds/wildflowers. I really don't believe in the terminology 'weeds' they are all wildflowers to me!!!

The Lovely Dog Rose.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:23 PM

When I'm out walking I often snap wild flowers, some are so lovely.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
You should watch where you're walking then Alan
Spider
South Yorkshire, England
Spider is male  Spider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I agree with you Alan, I think I must have walked around with my eyes shut for most of my life, we really do have some gorgeous wildflowers within our shores, and usually right on our doorstep!!!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:44 PM

That is sooo meat ShirleyMarie! Now, at the risk of sounding like a complete tool, I've never seen peanut plants! Do you have a picture of them in shell on the branches? Do they grow in clusters, under the ground like taters or what? Thanks
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
That is sooo meat ShirleyMarie! Now, at the risk of sounding like a complete tool, I've never seen peanut plants! Do you have a picture of them in shell on the branches? Do they grow in clusters, under the ground like taters or what? Thanks
I didn't know the answer, but just googled it, AC. The nuts grow under the ground. But now I'm assuming that the photo wasn't taken in Michigan because I don't think the climate is right. Am I wrong?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 06:55 PM

This thread has encouraged me to get out with my camera tomorrow and take some pics of seaside wild flowers...
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I didn't know the answer, but just googled it, AC. The nuts grow under the ground. But now I'm assuming that the photo wasn't taken in Michigan because I don't think the climate is right. Am I wrong?
Wikipedia blurb: after pollination, the flower stalk elongates, causing it to bend until the ovary touches the ground. Continued stalk growth then pushes the ovary underground where the mature fruit develops into a legume pod, the peanut.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

19-06-2014, 07:10 PM

This tells where peanuts are grown

http://www.virginiapeanuts.com/where-do-peanuts-grow/

Makes you wanna go make a P & J sandwich now
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

19-06-2014, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
This thread has encouraged me to get out with my camera tomorrow and take some pics of seaside wild flowers...
Yes I always take my camera up the county road with me when I walk the dog. I love taking pictures of flowers, closeups, etc. Even bugs on flowers, swallowtail butterflies, etc.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top