Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 10:26 AM

Re: Which diets have you tried?

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Never tried any diet, I don't see the need. Being active and eating sensibly does the trick. Swallowing slimming pills and forking out money to lose weight is for dumb people.

I'm sure you just gorgeous as you are Plops, but I wanted to lose just a few pounds to make myself even more irresistable.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 10:41 AM

I have never gone to Slimmers World, Weight Watchers etc. I just eat healthy. My Sister goes to Slimmers World every week and she may lose a stone, but as soon as she stops going there, she piles the weight back on again, so what is the point? I know my Sister only does it, so that she can slim down for the summer holidays.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 11:09 AM

A number of members of my family are constantly on one diet or another and have attended Weight watchers , they all lose weight then put it back on again. Weight watchers etc work by using peer pressure and an element of completion, once people stop they lose that and the advantages it brings.

I have tried calorie controlled diets and again always put the weight back on.

I eventually realised 'diets' are a waste of time, what is needed is a permanent change of lifestyle and eating.
So I do a 'version' of the 5:2 diet that is five days of eating the calories required for a woman and two days of eating small meals of between 500/800 calories.
In the summer when I am more active this means I usually lose a few pounds and may put a couple on in the winter when less active but I stay around the same weight.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I'm sure you just gorgeous as you are Plops, but I wanted to lose just a few pounds to make myself even more irresistable.
If you feel you need to lose only a few pounds then you're probably in perfect shape already.
PM me a few bikini photos of yourself and I'll let you know what I think, provided my heart can stand the excitement and doesn't abruptly cease beating.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 11:26 AM

The 5/2 diet worked for me when I needed to lose a few pounds.
I need it again for the post Christmas weight gain but can't seem to motivate myself at the moment..
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 11:30 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhh I am starting to see. A 'few' pounds.
The female way of saying quite a few pounds.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 01:23 PM

I have a friend that goes to Slimming World. She pays out about £5 a week to be told if she has lost or gained.
A couple of years ago she lost 3 stone, then because she didn't lose anything for a few weeks she gave up. And yes, you have guessed it, the 3 stone went back on.
She has now started again throwing £5 away each week which she really can't afford.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 05:53 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhh I am starting to see. A 'few' pounds.
The female way of saying quite a few pounds.

Alright then - Half a stone!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 09:32 PM

I've always counted my calories, roughly, so I usually know what I'm eating and I try to stick to around 1600 a day, a few more at the weekend sometimes. I go to the gym regularly and garden in the summer as well as work a part time job so I manage my weight ok.

My daughter has been on the Atkins, Slimming World, Weight Watchers....you name it but as soon as she comes off the weight is back on - waste of time and money. No good going back to bad ways of eating just because you're a few pounds lighter - it has to be a whole lifestyle change.

Eat less and move more, simple really.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 11:09 PM

If you feel you need to lose only a few pounds then you're probably in perfect shape already.
PM me a few bikini photos of yourself and I'll let you know what I think, provided my heart can stand the excitement and doesn't abruptly cease beating.

I'd worry about getting you over excited Ploppy, especially if I'm not there to resuscitate you.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top