Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 02:56 PM

Re: Echinacea - drops or tablets?

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
This one tastes like diluted gnat's pee

Not that I've ever tasted.....
Sounds like you've described it perfectly!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 05:45 PM

I use this fella, you can buy it in Boots, Holland&Barret etc.

I use the same one ruthio. I don't take it all the time though.
I only have 15 drops in a small amount of water 2 or 3 times a day if I feel a cold trying to start. Works for me.
It does taste a bit odd I admit, but only for a split second, then it's gone.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 05:48 PM

As an immune system booster I think you're meant to take it for a few weeks and then stop for a week or so.
Must look it up again...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 06:02 PM

As an immune system booster I think you're meant to take it for a few weeks and then stop for a week or so.
Must look it up again...

Just had a look at my bottle ruthio, and it says on the label:

"Echinacea is a traditional herbal remedy used to relieve the symptoms of cold, flu and similar upper respiratory tract infections.
Start taking this product at the first signs of a cold. Not to be used for children under 12."

It also says: " This product contains ethanol. Harmful to people suffering from alcoholism."

There is a leaflet somewhere, but can't lay my hands on it at the mo.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 06:02 PM

I didn't manage to get to the chemists today so I've just ordered these off Ebay. I've never got rid of the after effects of a cold I had at Christmas .... Hoping these help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...00ml+&_sacat=0
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I didn't manage to get to the chemists today so I've just ordered these off Ebay. I've never got rid of the after effects of a cold I had at Christmas .... Hoping these help.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...00ml+&_sacat=0
I'm sure they will Carol - when they say drops in a little water they mean 'a little' - like a teaspoon of water
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-02-2016, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I'm sure they will Carol - when they say drops in a little water they mean 'a little' - like a teaspoon of water

I use one of those little plastic dose measuring cup things. It only holds 25 ml. (5 tsp). I find that still makes quite a strong tasting dilution using 15 drops, so swig it down quickly, in one go.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I use one of those little plastic dose measuring cup things. It only holds 25 ml. (5 tsp). I find that still makes quite a strong tasting dilution using 15 drops, so swig it down quickly, in one go.
5 teaspoons = a lotta watta !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

09-02-2016, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
5 teaspoons = a lotta watta !

Well with homeopathic mother tinctures you only need 5 drops drops in a small cupful!

I find the Echinacea such a strong taste, and don't think I'd get sufficient water into a teaspoon along with 15 drops of extract Patsy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

09-02-2016, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well with homeopathic mother tinctures you only need 5 drops drops in a small cupful!
I find the Echinacea such a strong taste, and don't think I'd get sufficient water into a teaspoon along with 15 drops of extract Patsy.
Well that's a funny one - homeopathic remedies are mainly water aren't they - or are the tinctures different, never had those .....Maybe I just like me medicine strong strength

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top