Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 10:45 PM

Miracle foods...

I've been brainwashed by that 'How to stay younger' programme that Angela Rippon presented the other week.

After listening to Angela's endorsement for a product called Inulin I've bough some.
According to Angela it dissolves the invisible fat around the heart. Reading on the bottle it seems more for the gut than the heart- but anyway I've got it now..

Incidentally, I've stocked up on walnuts too after hearing what a miracle food they are on that same programme...

The company I bought my inulin from explained to me that in the last few days they had had 6 months worth of orders - that's why my delivery was a bit late.

Seems like I'm not the only one influenced by TV programmes.

Hope it works.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2016, 11:25 PM

Re: Miracle foods...

Have you tried any yet carol, just wondered what it tastes like?

Is it in powder form?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 12:08 AM

Yes I tried it today. It's in powder form and the instructions said sprinkle over food or stir into a drink.

I stirred it into a drink of orange jusice but it didn't dissolve & I ended up with a wet clump sticking to the spoon. Anyway I just bit it off - it tastes a bit sweet - quite pleasant really.

Tomorrow I'm going to sprinkle it on my breakfast cereal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 12:14 AM

Hope you feel the benefits then Carol.
I wonder if it's just another fad to make loads of money, or if there is really any truth in it?

I suppose you'd need to do a 'Before' and 'After' test somehow, to find out if it has been beneficial or not. Interesting though.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 12:25 AM

I'm guessing it's just another fad. Nothing beats a well rounded diet and exercise.
Lizzie Jones
Canada
Lizzie Jones is female  Lizzie Jones has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 05:37 AM

I wish my fat were invisible. My clothes might fit better.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 06:28 AM

Hi

The thing is that nearly all of these things are found naturally in food and there are some foods which contain more than others, hence the superfoods thing.

I much prefer eating the foods themselves.

Inulin is no different, you just pay an awful lot more than the natural way of eating it in foods.

I had a massive heart attack 14 years ago and a quadruple bypass, I lost a significant amount of heart muscle.

I was then found to have a Class reaction to Statins, so no pills for me, just a lot of research and a very varied diet.

Inulin I get from using a lot of leeks, onion and bananas in my diet.

Jerusalem Artichokes are full of the stuff, but have the same side effect as processed Inulin.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 06:50 AM

It just seems to consist of naturally occurring sugars which you can get from certain foods anyway. Also, if the fat round your heart is "invisible" how can it help dissolve it? Call me a cynic but I'd not buy anything based on a celebrity endorsement. Still - good luck.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2016, 07:00 AM

Have you read about the side effects?

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Inulin_Side_Effects
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

27-04-2016, 07:59 AM

Yes I've read about the side effects Eliza.
I had one spoonful of the stuff yesterday and not had any problems so maybe I will be lucky and not have any side effects.

I shall stay on one spoonful for a while and increase it gradually.

3 teaspoons a day is the recommended dose.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top