Join for free
Page 55 of 55 « First < 5 45 53 54 55
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 11:11 AM

Re: The Aftermath of the referendum

Originally Posted by moreover ->
WOW I thought the EU was supposed to be inefficient and couldn't get anything right and we in Tory UK were better without them. Don't tell me you think Germany has done something better than us! Perhaps it's because they think maintaining their country's infrastructure is an important part of the job of Government, rather than asset stripping and selling it off to enrich politicians and other parasites.
I am not sure you fully understood why many voted to leave the EU. It was to retain sovereignty and the freedom to make our own choices about our own country. All EU countries do something better than the others but, when the EU become one big state, how much influence do you think votes will have on how their country is run? At least we can vote for who runs our country now, which I suspect many EU counties will not be able to do in the future.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 11:31 AM

WOW I thought the EU was supposed to be inefficient and couldn't get anything right and we in Tory UK were better without them. Don't tell me you think Germany has done something better than us! Perhaps it's because they think maintaining their country's infrastructure is an important part of the job of Government, rather than asset stripping and selling it off to enrich politicians and other parasites.
Maybe it's because after the war the USA pumped in billions of dollars rebuilding a completely new infrastructure in Germany and France to a certain extent.
Maybe it because the relationship between the unions and the employers is on a much better footing with cooperation rather than confrontation.

Maybe it's because they see Europe as a vast market for them to control and exploit. Etc, etc,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 12:00 PM

Well, you're partly right.

Yes, I believe that the EU is inefficient: employing hundreds of people in their 'parliament' which is unable to pass laws, for example (laws are passed by the unelected Commission).

On the other hand, Germany has invested in good road and rail links and is enjoying the benefits. That is a consequence of good foresight and, as RM says, efficient working relationships between employers and unions.

Your final sentence is, in my opinion, quite correct.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am not sure you fully understood why many voted to leave the EU. It was to retain sovereignty and the freedom to make our own choices about our own country. All EU countries do something better than the others but, when the EU become one big state, how much influence do you think votes will have on how their country is run? At least we can vote for who runs our country now, which I suspect many EU counties will not be able to do in the future.
Exactly. EU bad; Germany good.

And, with the right sort of government and management, and the full co-operation of the unions, we could be good as well.

Unfortunately, as I have said before, the Brits have a penchant of pulling in opposite directions. I don't know how we could rectify that, though.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Exactly. EU bad; Germany good.

And, with the right sort of government and management, and the full co-operation of the unions, we could be good as well.

Unfortunately, as I have said before, the Brits have a penchant of pulling in opposite directions. I don't know how we could rectify that, though.
Well it might help if we stopped demonising some sections of society, disabled, poor, gypsy, etc be more inclusive. If everyone felt they had a stake in our success or failure we might actually start to work together.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Well it might help if we stopped demonising some sections of society, disabled, poor, gypsy, etc be more inclusive. If everyone felt they had a stake in our success or failure we might actually start to work together.
I was thinking more along the lines of management v. unions, Julia!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I was thinking more along the lines of management v. unions, Julia!
That too but unless we treat our poor well we are hardly going to be able to bring grown up ethics to the table IMO
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 05:02 PM

With Farage gone, there is no one i would support now, we need a blood revolution on the streets to reclaim our country.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
With Farage gone, there is no one i would support now, we need a blood revolution on the streets to reclaim our country.

Guido Fawkes Mk II Nom matey???

Page 55 of 55 « First < 5 45 53 54 55

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top