Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 01:11 PM

Re: Gullibility

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I find it incredible that some people are so gullible they are taken in by scams, especially ones that ask you to put money up front in order to supposedly receive a lot more.
I don't find it incredible.

The human condition is one of total vulnerability. Humans are simply empty vessels or if you like advanced bio computers. From birth they begin with only basic body function programming but they spend the next 10 years being programmed and conditioned by parents and teachers and other people. People are simply the product of that conditioning, that vulnerability which is the human condition.

Consequently you can make a human believe absolutely anything.

You can make them believe there is an all powerful all loving God watching over us, whilst every day those same people see children suffering and dying of diseases, being sexually abused, women forced into sex slavery and so on. The conditioning makes the human involved compartmentalise the reality around them so they don't have to confront it.

If you can dupe humans to that extent, then you can dupe them in any number of other ways. People are being scammed all the time. Not just with the large and dedicated scams you raise here, but equally each and every time they walk into a supermarket they are being scammed by clever pricing scams, by food label scams, by weights and measures scams and much more.

We are scammed by utility providers and banks. By car salesmen, insurance salesmen, pensions, pretty much anyone and everything where there is any money involved.

It's no good appealing to people TBH. They are either conditioned or they have woken up and are different people as a result.

Once you're woken up, you are on constant alert. You expect to be scammed at every corner, with everything you buy. You do lots of research before you buy anything, you steer clear of contracts and subscriptions to things. You stay completely away from any form of gambling because you know it's totally rigged and corrupt whatever it is, very especially online gambling, online poker, online bingo and so on.

I don't take calls at home any more. I simply don't answer the phone at all which keeps all business telesales away and gets me marked on their databases as a "useless number" which in turns stops the calls. Friends and family let the phone ring twice and hang up and know that I will ring them back as a result.

etc etc etc

People either wake up or they remain in their conditioned stupor simple as.

I do my best to wake as many people as I can on life's journey.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 01:23 PM

Gullible is my second name ..
Where should I start .
I remember sending $4 for an item that can kill any bug on contact .
The day I recieved the parcel I was so anxiuos to open it .
Inside the box was a little wooden hammer .
The instruction said aim it at the object then then swing it ..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I don't find it incredible.

The human condition is one of total vulnerability. Humans are simply empty vessels or if you like advanced bio computers. From birth they begin with only basic body function programming but they spend the next 10 years being programmed and conditioned by parents and teachers and other people. People are simply the product of that conditioning, that vulnerability which is the human condition.

Consequently you can make a human believe absolutely anything.

You can make them believe there is an all powerful all loving God watching over us, whilst every day those same people see children suffering and dying of diseases, being sexually abused, women forced into sex slavery and so on. The conditioning makes the human involved compartmentalise the reality around them so they don't have to confront it.

If you can dupe humans to that extent, then you can dupe them in any number of other ways. People are being scammed all the time. Not just with the large and dedicated scams you raise here, but equally each and every time they walk into a supermarket they are being scammed by clever pricing scams, by food label scams, by weights and measures scams and much more.

We are scammed by utility providers and banks. By car salesmen, insurance salesmen, pensions, pretty much anyone and everything where there is any money involved.

It's no good appealing to people TBH. They are either conditioned or they have woken up and are different people as a result.

Once you're woken up, you are on constant alert. You expect to be scammed at every corner, with everything you buy. You do lots of research before you buy anything, you steer clear of contracts and subscriptions to things. You stay completely away from any form of gambling because you know it's totally rigged and corrupt whatever it is, very especially online gambling, online poker, online bingo and so on.

I don't take calls at home any more. I simply don't answer the phone at all which keeps all business telesales away and gets me marked on their databases as a "useless number" which in turns stops the calls. Friends and family let the phone ring twice and hang up and know that I will ring them back as a result.

etc etc etc

People either wake up or they remain in their conditioned stupor simple as.

I do my best to wake as many people as I can on life's journey.
You are trying to scam people into believing it is harmful to have the flu vaccination!
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 08:16 PM

I find it incredible that some people are so gullible they are taken in by scams, especially ones that ask you to put money up front in order to supposedly receive a lot more. I think it is much wiser to be suspicious, about any postal mail, e-mail or phone calls, which claim you have money coming to you, or you have a problem with your internet connection, bank accounts etc. Always thoroughly check the validity of these claims first.

I am also struck by the gullibility of people who are star struck by celebs, when they are just ordinary people like the rest of us with faults and failings, some are good decent people of course, others are attention seeking scum. I have met in person a good number of people in the public eye over the years, so I have some idea what I am talking about.

DON'T BE TAKEN IN.
Kids today want to be celebrities but don't want to be famous for doing anything useful if you ask...' but what do you want to be famous for achieving?' .... They'll say ' been on big brother' or they'll name someone whose just 'famous' for being in the papers for been photographed stumbling out of nightclubs absolutely plastered! etc

When I was at school people wanted to be nurses, doctors, firemen, policemen, teachers etc now they want to be like Katie Price or whoever makes millions without actually doing much!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:07 PM

I am afraid some people are not so much gullible as greedy .

For example I have listened to people on the radio incredulous that they would turn over their savings or pension pot to someone they have never met other than on the telephone who is offering an unbelievable rate of interest without using their common sense and questioning them and doing lots of research.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:12 PM

I find it incredible that some people are so gullible they are taken in by scams, especially ones that ask you to put money up front in order to supposedly receive a lot more. I think it is much wiser to be suspicious, about any postal mail, e-mail or phone calls, which claim you have money coming to you, or you have a problem with your internet connection, bank accounts etc. Always thoroughly check the validity of these claims first.

I am also struck by the gullibility of people who are star struck by celebs, when they are just ordinary people like the rest of us with faults and failings, some are good decent people of course, others are attention seeking scum. I have met in person a good number of people in the public eye over the years, so I have some idea what I am talking about.

DON'T BE TAKEN IN.
With that, I agree.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Where should I start .
That was funny.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Where should I start .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am afraid some people are not so much gullible as greedy .

For example I have listened to people on the radio incredulous that they would turn over their savings or pension pot to someone they have never met other than on the telephone who is offering an unbelievable rate of interest without using their common sense and questioning them and doing lots of research.
Nail on head Meg. Everyone wants something for nothing.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:35 PM

I never feed them, especially at the seaside but, I would share my chips with a Bird.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top