Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 08:53 PM

Re: New challenge in Scottish Courts (again)

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Let's see whether the leader of the country has the guts to ask for an extension. Chances for a deal are very, very smal.

We will meet again on Monday to give the UK another opportunity to present its proposals in detail.” The spokeswoman added that the proposals did not “provide a basis for concluding an agreement”.

An EU official said: “The UK often asks for meetings to keep [the] process going; we agree we should leave no stone unturned. But there is nothing useful that could be done this weekend.”

A senior EU diplomat said: “If we held talks at the weekend, it would look like these were proper negotiations. The truth is we’re still a long way from that. We need to work out quickly whether there is the opportunity to close that gap.”

Brussels is keenly aware of the danger that Downing Street is playing a*“blame game”*and the EU could be seen as intransigent in rejecting the talks.
Sources said it would not, however, pretend to negotiate when there appeared to be doubt over any basis for progress.
Downing St aren't playing " The Blame Game", they are simply correctly assessing that the EU are not putting any real effort in to negotiating a fresh deal with the new PM.

A new deal would be politically bad for the EU but economically good.

Whereas a new deal would be both politically and economically good for Boris and the UK.

The EU are caught between a rock and a hard place.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Ha, ha, ha, ha, you need us harder than we you ! Climb down or the offer for your requested extension will be four years. Ho, ho, ho.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Downing St aren't playing " The Blame Game", they are simply correctly assessing that the EU are not putting any real effort in to negotiating a fresh deal with the new PM.

Whereas a new deal would be both politically and economically good for Boris and the UK.

The EU are caught between a rock and a hard place.
Depending on the deal Moscow, quite possible to be shyte again?
Donkeyman!
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The ultimate outcome is uncertain. But, boris will request an extension of brexit. Probably the EU will grant it. Wether it will be till 31 januari 2020 or longer remains to be seen.
Should boris refuse to request the extension, he will face prosecution. And someone else will request the extension on behalf of parliament.

This is what I am thinking, but then what was the point of letting the country vote if the govt always intended to do what they wanted in the end??? That is not a democracy!

Yes I understand the difficulties is going to potentially cause the country and particuarly the Irish border where they have farms on the borders and products may cross the border several times a time eg to collect milk from farms.

I believe some farms fields are on the border so even things like putting their animals out in fields the the field may technically be over the border from the farm, these people I really feel for as they didn't choose this .... what I question is WHY didn't the govt consider this before they even offered the country a choice????

They should have worked all this out years ago and decided "ok if we want to leave and are sure the country will vote yes, we need a solution for the people living on the border BEFORE we ask and tell the country this is possible without anyone being left considerably worse off!"

Because now they asked, the people decided and now its like they are panicking thinking " oh S***t, we didn't take this into consideration when we let them vote on this, ok we'll just go back on our word and set someone else up to take the blame for it all!"
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Well come the election many of these traitorous MPs will be rightly ejected from parliament. They are utter fwits every one of them. As you say they spit in the face of UK people casting aside our democratic vote like it is worthless, superceding the sovereignty of parliament by crying off to the courts to get laws made that suit their political agendas.

It's a very serious assault on the basic democratic principles of the country, effectively nullifying parliament and therefore effectively removing any voice of the UK people.

That situation must be challenged and put right by whatever means are required.

The courts are not sovereign. They are not elected by the people, they are not accountable to the people. Once they start meddling in politics and the decisions of a sovereign parliament then they cross a line and establish themselves as UK dictators.

Like I said, that has to be dealt with by any and all means and democracy and parliamentary sovereignty restored.
My Bold!

DT today has article of Lady Hale speaking at the Association of Girls' Schools, on Friday, where she was welcomed as the "Spider Woman who took down The Hulk".

No side to her then!

Link:- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ohnson-praise/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
My Bold!

No side to her then!

Link:- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...ttnson-praise/
Nor to the ten other judges who ruled on the matter. Unanimously.
globeflower
Rutland, UK
globeflower is male 

05-10-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes indeed, I am referring to the majority in Scotland that voted Remain in the referendum. Excuse me if I am wrong, but Scotland had no special dispensation for their vote to count any differently from any other borough in the United Kingdom. LEAVE WON!. Time the SNP still whinging about the result, accepted it and shut up.

As for your request for a veto for Scotland in his deal. Dream on.
But Scotland's vote does, it seems, count differently from Ireland's. You didn't explain why the Irish are being offered a veto, and not the Scots.
And I never noticed Eurosceptics 'accept it and shut up' after the 1975 referendum - they whined non-stop for over 40 years.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

05-10-2019, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by globeflower ->
And I never noticed Eurosceptics 'accept it and shut up' after the 1975 referendum - they whined non-stop for over 40 years.
Better get used to it then. They will continue to do so the next 40 years. Boris is not going to deliver on his promise. Even the shropgirl is thinking that by now.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
The eventual decision of the Court should prove interesting, especially if that decision is made in favour of the challenge that has been put forward for a decision.

"A Scottish judge is being asked to consider whether Boris Johnson could be jailed if he takes the UK out of the EU without a deal.

A legal challenge is to be heard at the Court of Session about whether the prime minister could be forced to delay Brexit if no exit deal is agreed.

However Mr Johnson has said he would rather be "dead in a ditch" than ask European leaders for another extension.

The court case seeks to establish what might happen if he refuses to act."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-49924755
Scottish judge dismisses no-deal Brexit challenge.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-49959167
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2019, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Scottish judge dismisses no-deal Brexit challenge.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-49959167
And so they should

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top