Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Grimloaf The Damp
Left of Centre Earth
Grimloaf The Damp is male  Grimloaf The Damp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2009, 12:14 AM

Re: Best films of 2009 so far?

Best Star Trek film of 2009!
Grimloaf The Damp
Left of Centre Earth
Grimloaf The Damp is male  Grimloaf The Damp has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2009, 12:26 AM

One of the most anticipated films of the year but will it be the best?
Grimloaf The Damp
Left of Centre Earth

23-11-2009, 12:43 AM

Best comedy.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2009, 12:56 AM

There were so many good movies last year but could not think of one good one or should say one, I would like to see this year.

Last year when we went to see the 'Jersey Boys' we noticed Mama Mia was coming when they closed but never got to it. Years ago there were lot of musicals but not many to pick from anymore.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2009, 03:10 AM

Some good movies mentioned in here - seen wolverine, watchmen, but want to watch the others
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2009, 10:14 AM

I don't think there's a lot of movie-going among OFFers - but a fair bit of movie-watching when it comes round on TV (or maybe LoveFilm subscription etc. If my husband wasn't a sportshound, meaning we have to have Sky Sports, making Sky Movies a good deal, I would love to be with LoveFilm; I think it's a really good service)
Anyway - we did go to the movies - last week! We saw Up. It was very good. Dog lovers will hoot at 'The Cone of Shame'
As regards films from last year which have just appeared on Sky - W. The Changeling, Burn After Reading were all good. Oh, and The Duchess, which suprised me. The Other Boleyn Girl, the nasties - There Will Be Blood and No Country for Old Men - all well worth watching.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Grimloaf The Damp ->

One of the most anticipated films of the year but will it be the best?
Went to see Avatar yesterday evening. What a stunning film, it certainly lived up to the media hype. I stopped going to the cinema a few years ago because I cannot stand all the folks around me constantly eating and using mobile phones. In the almost three hours of this film no-one moved.

The 3D effect was magical and one soon forgot that it was 3D, you just became so engrossed in everything. No gimmicks just a straight forward magical experience. It was certainly well worth Cameron spending ten years in the making of this groundbreaking film - how will he top it?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2009, 09:58 AM

That's a good recommendation. We have decided we will do our best to get to it over the holidays - haven't heard a bad review yet
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 01:26 PM

I didn't watch Mama Mia because of all the bad reviews, finally I had nothing else to watch and was amazed at such a very good piece of entertainment. The scenery and the songs were very very good. Not so sure of the casting of lead characters but a good watch.
Trixybird
West Sussex
Trixybird is female  Trixybird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 06:47 PM

I loved Mama Mia - a real feel good factor film

Pleased to have read the write up on Avatar as will definately be going to watch this!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top