Join for free
Page 101 of 129 « First < 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 > Last »
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2014, 05:16 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

Hello

I've had a great time in Blackpool ... great dancing and weather really mild too hot in the hotel !!!!

Glad to see Sabrina back ... hope you are fully recovered

I met three fantastic ladies who weren't on the dancing break and had loads of fun and laughter with them ... they are from Manchester and they often go to Wetherspoons on Deansgate and the Xmas party at the Britannia where we had lunch so hopefully I will meet up with them again

Bye for now ....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hello

I've had a great time in Blackpool ... great dancing and weather really mild too hot in the hotel !!!!

Glad to see Sabrina back ... hope you are fully recovered

I met three fantastic ladies who weren't on the dancing break and had loads of fun and laughter with them ... they are from Manchester and they often go to Wetherspoons on Deansgate and the Xmas party at the Britannia where we had lunch so hopefully I will meet up with them again

Bye for now ....

Wow, that's great! Glad you had fun and laughter.

Morning all.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 10:04 AM

Morning all, nice to see you back myrtle
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2014, 11:12 AM

Good morning
David B
Lancashire, England
David B is male  David B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 09:15 AM

Good morning all,were you dancing in the Tower Ballroom Myrtle?
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 10:45 AM

Good morning all, and what a good morning it is here, bright and sunny - just the thing to lift the spirits after the gloom of the last few days.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

30-11-2014, 10:48 AM

Good morning everyone

David ... no the ballroom at The Tower was closed last week ... there was/is a show on and the stage was extended over part of the dance floor so couldn't be used for dancing.

I have danced in there (something you have to do before you die ) but don't bother these days as the dance programme is stuck in a time warp and is repeated every two hours when the organists change over

I now prefer to sit in the balcony and just watch for an hour or so ..... but I won't be doing that any more since they started charging £3 !! It was free up to April this year.

I'm dancing at the Winter Gardens next Sunday .... never danced there before so another tick on my bucket list

We stayed at the Norbreck Castle and we had four nights and three afternoons of dancing ....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 10:57 AM

Tony & I stayed there many years ago Myrtle. It's nice when you walk inside the reception area etc but the rooms were very basic and the floor boards squeaked. The people above us used to walk about a lot in the night and we could hear every squeak of their floorboards! Lack of a good nights sleep spoiled it for us..

I would expect it's been renovated since then.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

30-11-2014, 11:13 AM

no Carol it hasn't been renovated but I can honestly say that in the 20-odd times I've stayed there over the past few years I haven't had any complaints. The ballroom is fantastic and really big so plenty of room to strut your stuff

It's cheap and cheerful and with the discounts we get by returning time and again for the dancing breaks it's good value for money ... last week for dbb and the dancing it cost us £77 each ! I've booked for 3 nights in February ... dancing for two nights ... £44 each !!!!

I agree you get what you pay for ... I'm not used to luxury at home so it suits me fine and I've met some fantastic people there and they all go back time after time I will admit that because we are on the dancing break we tend to get the better rooms usually with sea view because we book before we leave and the receptionists have got to know the dancers

We're staying at the Imperial between Christmas and New Year ... whoops ... I'll have to be on my best behaviour
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2014, 11:50 AM

Morning all.

Still in a state of undress. Ooops.

Page 101 of 129 « First < 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top