Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2010, 04:38 PM

QI

I've just watched last night's edition. Wasn't it good? I thought it was, anyway.
Interesting history of gender issues
e.g. Pink was the colour for baby boys until the 1920's
All babies/youngsters were called girls until (if I remember what they said) about the 1500s .... there were male youngsters who were knave-girls and female youngsters (wearing serene and appropriate blue!) who were gay-girls A mixed bunch would just be girls
Fascinating

Here's the link if you want to watch on iPlayer
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 12:07 AM

Re: QI

Excellent guests on as well. I've just watched the repeat on BBC2 and thought it was great.
Trixybird
West Sussex
Trixybird is female  Trixybird has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 12:48 AM

Enjoy the show so much I bought Stephen Fry's Autobiography, and I am enjoying it !
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 11:13 AM

The first few programmes after it transferred to BBC1 seemed to be going down a rather smutty path and I feared that it wouldn't go back to the quirky BBC2 style, but it has. I think it is really wonderful - and probably wouldn't work with anyone except Stephen Fry as questionmaster/host.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 03:03 PM

A brilliant entertainment a good laugh while you actually learn stuff.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top