Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 03:07 PM

Cooking Programmes - Rachel Ray

I know there are a lot of cooking programmes on the telly and some of you will be fed up of them, however, I have just discovered that Rachel Ray has a programme on The Food Network. I first came across her when I lived in America and liked her down to earth cooking skills.

She prepares a whole usually delicious meal in thirty minutes that is what the programme is called. She is pretty to look at and down to earth to listen to with some really good ideas.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 04:03 PM

Re: Cooking Programmes - Rachel Ray

I've been trying to watch some of these cooking programmes lately but generally rely on BBC iPlayer as it's just so much more convenient.

Haven't heard of RR before.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Her shows are on each day on the Food Network Ch262. She really is good. She cooks real food in a real kitchen in real time. I also love the Barefoot Contessa for the same reason real food in real time with some really helpful hints.

Some food shows are becoming all about the chef and not about the food. I just can't stand food snobs and there are a lot of them about on the telly.
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2010, 05:39 PM

I've watched her a few times - I love the way she always refers to "EVOO". Took me awhile to realise she meant Extra Virgin Olive Oil (d'oh)
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2010, 07:26 PM

I kinda like her as well
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

22-01-2010, 07:55 PM

Unlike a lot of cookery programmes it isn't all about her its about the food and the food is appetising and she makes it look easy to cook.

I am fed up with Daily Cooks Challenge which is not about food but about the idiots who they call the celebrity judge of the day. Often these people don't know the difference between and orange and a banana and probably don't realise that pork is pig meat.

Ready Steady Cook has gone from not a bad programme to Ainslyey getting on your nerves in as many ways as he can during one programme.

Sorry American viewers these are Brit programmes but your Rachel is alright.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2010, 05:13 PM

Not seen that one but folks like Dehlia or Ina Garten( i just love my hubby xxx)

Are for journeyman(woman) cooks-not wannabbbeeee trendy `chefs`

They are grown up enough not to `seal in juices` or throw in extra words.

My onions are happy-they are never `browned off` my fish bones are removed-not `extracted out`

And what I may choose to `toss off` remains between me and my puberty

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top