Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 03:10 PM

Allo Allo

I have just been watching Allo Allo and can't tell the number of times I laughed out loud. What a brilliant piece of work those programmes are. The actors are just smashing rather like Are You Being Served? they just don't seem to mind what they do to make people laugh.

I am not very keen on the comedy shows at the moment is this part of getting older cos I don't like the music much either.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 07:48 PM

Re: Allo Allo

"I just erd 2 shats & you are stod there with a smokin gooon"!!!

One of my fave lines lol said by the hilarious Officer Crabtree
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
"I just erd 2 shats & you are stod there with a smokin gooon"!!!

One of my fave lines lol said by the hilarious Officer Crabtree
Believe it or not 'Allo Allo' has been bought and shown in many European countries (Don't think that includes Germany)

In Czechland it is of course dubbed into Czech and our friends like it, but I asked OH how they translate officer Crabtrees lines and she said they just make him say gooblegook

Can't be as good 'tho can it because, for me anyway, half the enjoyment was when he switched from an upper class English accent (When talking to the airmen) to what we think of as a French accent (When addressing the locals) you just can't translate that kind of joke can you
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 08:06 PM

I was watching that this pm as well Cookiecate.

How I laughed.

You forget just how funny some of these "old" shows were, and it does annoy me when you hear them being criticised by these so called modern comedians, whose idea of making people laugh is by swearing a lot and making really cruel comments about people.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2010, 09:08 PM

Luitennant Gruber (sp) for me he cracks me up and of course Herr Flick but the writer of that series wow how good was he /she...Those punch lines brill....
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 02:46 PM

Glad you all agree they are classic. There are many older comedies that I enjoy some have aged just a bit but Allo Allo will go on forever.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top