Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 02:03 PM

20 years of The Simpsons

This article speaks of 10 classic Simpsons episodes.

Good .... but my top 3 are
Homie the Clown - Homer at clown school, riding teeny tiny bikes, hitting his head on wineglasses in the bar, playing out the theme to The Godfather
The Joy of Sects - The Movementarians arrive in Springfield. "Marge! - a lima bean that looks like the leader" Rev Lovejoy tearing off his dog-collar and grinding it beneath his heel - "He's the real deal" - as The Leader appears to fly his space machine out of the barn
Natural Born Kissers - Homer and Marge rekindle the spark by having sexual encounters in dangerous places - including the windmill on the crazy golf course

What are your favourites?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Re: 20 years of The Simpsons

I must be one of the very few people who have never watched the Simpsons
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 03:30 PM

I used to watch them and really enjoyed but haven't seen much of them in quite awhile.

I know you started a thread once about 'Simon the Cat' Did you see his new one in the snow, it's adorable.
Hilary Bradshaw
St. Helens, Merseyside
Hilary Bradshaw is female  Hilary Bradshaw has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 03:38 PM

my very favourite tv show
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 09:32 PM

I never got time to watch it properly - just a few here and there.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 10:26 AM

I haven't watched an episode for ages either - my son and I used to really enjoy it; I think it was 6pm on Channel 4. A more uplifting view than the 6 o clock news!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 10:55 AM

I have often wondered why the family is called `dysfunctional`

There are two parents,Homer has a steady job,they eat together and go to church-perhaps that answers my own question?
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 03:56 PM

I've loved The Simpsons for years, but feel recently they've lost their "edge". Family Guy can be a lot funnier sometimes.

If you want a good laugh today, take a look at the BBC website's "Have Your Say" section. They've asked for people's favourite Simpsons moment. Just reading the posts reminded me of some classic, hilarious episodes.
Dalmagirl
Longford, Ireland
Dalmagirl is female  Dalmagirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 05:17 PM

I agree and have also moved over more to Family Guy as I was finding some of The Simpsons episodes a little slow.
My all time favourite though has to be the one where Homer is looking for his soulmate... it begins with the chilli fest, moves through Homer having hallucinations and ends up with him in a lighthouse with Marg and a shipload of hotpants being washed up from a wrecked ship because the light has gone out... totally manic!
The other two that spring to mind are when Lisa gets a pony so Homer goes out and gets a second job to pay for it, and the one with, for me, the best Marg one-liner where Homer borrows from Selma and Patty behind her back. The one-liner is when the note detailing the debt flies off around the room and lands on a lit table lamp so that the writing can be seen across the ceiling and Marg finally realises what has been going on ... "is that an accurate projection?"

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top