Join for free
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Rock and Chips - back to the 60s!

Anyone else watch it? It`s on BBC i-player if you missed it. It`s a `prequel` to Fools & Horses, set in the early 60s.
I was particularly taken with the cigarette machine in the Health Clinic! The attention to detail was excellent.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2010, 10:10 PM

Re: Rock and Chips - back to the 60s!

I watched it and thought it very good. Is it going to be a series?
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2010, 11:05 PM

We also watched it and thought it was good, but I'm completely baffled, so was Rodney's dad really Freddie The Frog then? The only reason I ask is because in the one episode of Only Fools that relates to this one is when their dad comes back and tells Rodney that he's not his son, only Del is. Their dad altered the details on the blood test so it looked like Rodney wasn't his,but Rodney went to the doctor and found out the truth and I thought that it was found that Del and Rodney did have the same dad. I'm completely confused I've probably confused all of you as well but I would like to know as I am a very keen fan of "Only Fools ......"

Hubby says that in the old episode of "Only Fools", their dad shows Rodney a photo of Freddie The Frog and it is a splitting image of Rodney (it was him actually, but older).

Can someone please explain all this to me.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

25-01-2010, 11:37 PM

I watched it. I wish they would make it into a series. It was really good.

Alicat, in an old episode a photo of Freddy the Frog turned up, taken on the jolly boys outing to Margate and that was when Rodney found out he was his father.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2010, 10:03 AM

I recorded this on Sunday
I'll watch it when we have a TV back!
Sounds as though it's worth watching - although I wasn't a great 'Only Fools ..' watcher. I know the characters (ish) though - so will that be OK
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2010, 01:34 PM

It was brilliant, you will enjoy it. If they don't do a series I hope they do some more specials.

And it made me fancy some Rock I grew up in London and the favourite fish and chips was always Rock, not cod or haddock. You don't see it much now.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2010, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
I watched it. I wish they would make it into a series. It was really good.

Alicat, in an old episode a photo of Freddy the Frog turned up, taken on the jolly boys outing to Margate and that was when Rodney found out he was his father.
Oh, I see. I must have missed that bit in "The Jolly Boys Outing", I'll have to watch it again. The episode I saw in "Only Fools And Horses" is an older one with grandad in it and of course the outing to Margate was a newer one. Oh well at least that's that cleared up. Thanks mazzie .
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

26-01-2010, 07:56 PM

Yep, Freddie the frog did the deed!!..........I thought it was brilliant, had to watch it thorough a proxy server on iplayer, but it was brill..................could it stand a series?..I'm not so sure.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2010, 01:10 PM

If not a series there must be some Christmas specials in there. There's a lot of unexplained Only Fools and Horses mysteries they could answer

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top