Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 02:49 PM

ECJ liberates UK from brexit dilemma

The UK should be able to unilaterally cancel its withdrawal from the EU, according to a top European law officer.

The non-binding opinion was delivered by the European Court of Justice's advocate general.

A group of Scottish politicians has asked the court whether the UK can call off Brexit without the consent of other member states.

In a future referendum the UK can avoid the terrible outcome of the first referendum and decide to stay safely in the EU and further prosper from being in a strong union. Who could wish for more?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 03:34 PM

Re: ECJ liberates UK from brexit dilemma

Would never have guessed that they would say that!

I wonder if we need their permission to fulfil the terms of our first referendum.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Would never have guessed that they would say that!

I wonder if we need their permission to fulfil the terms of our first referendum.
You do. If someone contests the brexit deal.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 04:21 PM

Hi

Storm in a Teacup, we always could.

What would the EU do, kick us out?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

04-12-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Storm in a Teacup, we always could.

What would the EU do, kick us out?
Exactly. If the deal is contested, and declared illegal by the ECJ, the date of your leaving remains the same. Resulting in the UK leaving without a deal. I would call that kicked out. Wouldn't you?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Can I ask why somebody from the Netherlands seems so keen to keep us in the EU?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I have asked that question before Twink but there was no answer.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Because the Dutch citizens would need to stump up more money to bridge the hole in the EU budgets left by the UK leaving.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

04-12-2018, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Because the Dutch citizens would need to stump up more money to bridge the hole in the EU budgets left by the UK leaving.
The dutch approach on that issue is similar as we do in our household. Less income equals lower expenditure. Simple.

Losing you from the EU would be like missing the gravy from a meal. Just look at the spicy discussions on this forum. That is from my personal perspective. From my less personal view, I have no political burden, so I am free to look at the bare facts of brexit. First your politicians have lied (perhaps unknowingly) about the ease of leaving and the results of being out. Secondly a lot of you voted for an england of the past. A past, and an england, that will never return. Future moves forward, never backwards. You should know from your live experience.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 07:25 PM

Solasch

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top